PDA

View Full Version : How do I get the emu EVOX EX5000?

lyla2008
18th July, 2008, 10:42 PM
I have scrambled channels, I would like to check to see if emu is enabled. Can anyone advixe me how to do this? I treid method for the Eurovox max going to language setting and entering 1968 but it just said incorrect pin. Please help I am tearing my hair out.

thanks
lyla

lost
18th July, 2008, 11:03 PM
I have scrambled channels, I would like to check to see if emu is enabled. Can anyone advixe me how to do this? I treid method for the Eurovox max going to language setting and entering 1968 but it just said incorrect pin. Please help I am tearing my hair out.

thanks
lyla

are you useing the latest sw or just the freeview sw that comes preinstalled ?
if not useing latest sw update your box

lyla2008
18th July, 2008, 11:13 PM
I had problems with downloading the sw but I checked the version and it says kuro 1.1 so I am assuming it's on. I have FTA obviously and then I have all channels listed and information but it says scambled. I was hoping to access the emu but I can't find it.

lincsat
19th July, 2008, 02:57 AM
What's the date of the software - Kuro 1.1 is July 10th

lyla2008
19th July, 2008, 09:28 AM
No it says its the 25th of June so I must just have FTA is that KURO as well? I tried to download new firmware to box 3 or 4 times but it gets stuck at 99% for half an hour and I have been told this process takes 3 minutes. I am wondering if its because I am using a USB serial adapter maybe the download is not working but then why would it let me get so far? Can I use an older firmware is this advisable?

lost
19th July, 2008, 09:59 AM
No it says its the 25th of June so I must just have FTA is that KURO as well? I tried to download new firmware to box 3 or 4 times but it gets stuck at 99% for half an hour and I have been told this process takes 3 minutes. I am wondering if its because I am using a USB serial adapter maybe the download is not working but then why would it let me get so far? Can I use an older firmware is this advisable?

yes the preinstalled sw is also kuro lots of people have probs with serial adaptors i use a port replicator with my laptop without any problems
if you have a desktop pc you can always move the box to that and update with the desktop as the box doesnt have to be connected to the tv to update if you do it that way just make sure you dont disconect untill after you get the success mesage.

lyla2008
19th July, 2008, 11:16 AM
I am using a desktop and not connected to the tv. I have followed what seems to be simple enough instructions and it is not working. I downloaded the latest software from this site. When I click download it goes to 99% sending and just sticks on that. I keep leaving it for half an hour and nothing is happening. The box says dnld but I don't understand what is taking so long? I was thinking about trying to get the firmware from somewhere else to at least try and see if it makes a difference. I am gutted I don't know what else to try.

smirnoff_rules
19th July, 2008, 11:23 AM
pm sent .. well 2 sent

lost
19th July, 2008, 11:25 AM
I am using a desktop and not connected to the tv. I have followed what seems to be simple enough instructions and it is not working. I downloaded the latest software from this site. When I click download it goes to 99% sending and just sticks on that. I keep leaving it for half an hour and nothing is happening. The box says dnld but I don't understand what is taking so long? I was thinking about trying to get the firmware from somewhere else to at least try and see if it makes a difference. I am gutted I don't know what else to try.

have you tried after doing a factory reset?or with another null modem lead
if you are local (merseyside) i may be able to help more

lyla2008
19th July, 2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks, but I stay in Scotland. I have tried the factory reset I will try other software and I will try a laptop, see if I get any joy. I have emailed the guy I got it from so I hope to hear from him today.

<--lyla2008 added 1 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...-->

Another thing I was wondering about, when I download the software onto box it says version 2 detected. Is this what it is supposed to say for the Euroxox EX5000?

lost
19th July, 2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks, but I stay in Scotland. I have tried the factory reset I will try other software and I will try a laptop, see if I get any joy. I have emailed the guy I got it from so I hope to hear from him today.

<--lyla2008 added 1 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...-->

Another thing I was wondering about, when I download the software onto box it says version 2 detected. Is this what it is supposed to say for the Euroxox EX5000?

yes thats normal im updateing my 3rd box now and not haveing any probs i think maybe youre null modem cable may have a fault or sometimes its not a very good fit into the box end

lyla2008
19th July, 2008, 08:41 PM
It is working. I had used the USB adapter incorrectly. Got it sussed now :cheer: