PDA

View Full Version : Opel Insignia 2.0 dth 2009 Oil pressure low, stop the engine

bugarcek
26th August, 2016, 02:13 PM
Hello
I have to remove this text from this car: Oil pressure low..

This happens every day at the morning and than ok for rest of the day...
Problem is not in pressure, we checked it manually...
We also changed oil pump (2 of them, but both are OK (new) ) oil, filter, oil pressure sensor, schecked the wiring...

Problem must be software related...

Can someone check this for me?
Ori file is attached if someone can bring me some sw update or something to try

Thanks

plasma533
26th August, 2016, 11:53 PM
you do know this is a sympton of the oil pump sealing rings failing which leads to the sudden death of these engines...? assuming yours is the cdti...

main sympton being oil pressure warning at the start of the day from cold..

bugarcek
27th August, 2016, 06:14 AM
We changed it, thw same... There must be some software problem because we mannually checked the pressure and no problem at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrei2015
27th August, 2016, 12:51 PM
when car came first time to you did you check oil pressure manually? or just replaced oil pump? if you had bad oil pump maybe something is damaged inside engine
We had this problem few weeks ago and final result was damaged crankshaft and owner replaced engine. We had 0bar pressure on idle with engine cold and 1bar at 3000rpm with engine cold
You can go to dealer also to make sw update, studying this problem I hace read on other forums that SW update can cure this issue if all hardware is good.
Regards

bugarcek
27th August, 2016, 07:53 PM
Thank you for this information. But is there any way, that I can try to load some other, newer software?

kingarthas
9th September, 2016, 10:39 AM
BEARINGS .....

plasma533
9th September, 2016, 05:45 PM
He has been made aware of these issues as first point of call... Now if someone was to make aftermarket crankshafts then these engines could be repaired nicely..

Bllinda
22nd September, 2016, 03:17 PM
What's your solution was further?
It is sufficient to change the sw? Thx

Hello
I have to remove this text from this car: Oil pressure low..

This happens every day at the morning and than ok for rest of the day...
Problem is not in pressure, we checked it manually...
We also changed oil pump (2 of them, but both are OK (new) ) oil, filter, oil pressure sensor, schecked the wiring...

Problem must be software related...

Can someone check this for me?
Ori file is attached if someone can bring me some sw update or something to try

Thanks

czerkam
22nd September, 2016, 05:43 PM
In the beginning when first insignia get over 100kkm it started to appear dtc regarding oil pressure. Sometimes it was because so sensitive oil pressure sensor. However it's likely the hard oil sealant between oil pump and oil suction pipe which is integrated with oil pan.
Little sealant cost about 12$ (original) but it can cause huge destruction inside engine.