PDA

View Full Version : DM800 clone Motor won't budge.

av2008
7th September, 2009, 10:34 PM
I just got my hands on a chinese clone of the DM800 and am trying to set it up. After searching this forum and other forums thoroughly I cant get my motor to move even if I try and do it sat by sat. Im using Nabilo b/h 0.11.

My cable is very long but the signal is fine. I can move the motor using a tm1000D but even if I use the manual buttons on the motor with my 800hd I get a small click sound from the motor but no movement. I have selected increase voltage.

Could the cable length be an issue. If this is the case I will have to use the tm1000 to move the dish.

This isn't the only problem with the 800hd. Its slow to respond to remote commands and not good with some cams. I hope the real thing isn't like this, lol

Has anyone got any ideas about moving the motor?

terminator2k2
8th September, 2009, 01:25 PM
peeps have reported using a better power supply to solve motor problems.....

av2008
8th September, 2009, 01:39 PM
peeps have reported using a better power supply to solve motor problems.....

Thanks for the reply but do you know the exact type of power supply unit?

terminator2k2
10th September, 2009, 08:44 PM
from wat ive read people have used there old dm500 and dm600
original (not clone) power supplies...if you dont have a original dream box.....look at the power supply.....i think they are :

12v 2amp or 3amp centre pin positive......

i think the clones are using cheaper power supplies and cant supply the current to drive the motor.....

try and get a 12v 4amp power supply with centre pin positive which fits the dreambox.....

av2008
12th September, 2009, 09:59 PM
from wat ive read people have used there old dm500 and dm600
original (not clone) power supplies...if you dont have a original dream box.....look at the power supply.....i think they are :

12v 2amp or 3amp centre pin positive......

i think the clones are using cheaper power supplies and cant supply the current to drive the motor.....

try and get a 12v 4amp power supply with centre pin positive which fits the dreambox.....

Thanks, I do have an original 500s Dreambox and a clone 500c, I tried the clone psu but it just made the 800 do a reboot loop. I will try the original one later.

sale12
7th October, 2009, 01:52 AM
Thanks, I do have an original 500s Dreambox and a clone 500c, I tried the clone psu but it just made the 800 do a reboot loop. I will try the original one later.

So did you try the original 500s power supply in the end, as I am experiencing the same problem as you?

mapex
19th August, 2010, 06:28 PM
I have this issue with a cloned 800hd so all i might
need is a new better plug ? can anyone confirm
this for me b4 i buy.

thanks