PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Commando 8.0 image

rabby
19th July, 2008, 04:54 PM
Hi I am new to this site and to dbox flashing.
I have recently download the commando image and flashed it to my dbox using DBOX2 Image-Flashing-Assistent and a crossover cable.
However, when i reboot there is nothing i have done a service scan and set my location to edinburgh but still a big ZERO.

I ne1 can help me with my plight i will be very grateful

Rab.

thebigman
19th July, 2008, 05:47 PM
Does the scan complete? is it just that the channels aren't clearing? You could try droping a service file and a bouquet into var/tuxbox/config/zapit and reload channels there is a file for falkirk in the downloads that should do you for edinburgh.

thebigman

rabby
20th July, 2008, 12:50 PM
Hi m8
yes the scan completes but no channels except terrestrial, I tried leaving it on a scrambles channel but nothing. I also went into tuxcommander,keys and noticed that there was no keylist.txt file could this be the prob?

I managed to flash laky-pro and that is working great but no games, I would prefer to use commando as that has games with it.

I shall try what you have suggested in the download section, should that fail is there a way I can extract the games folder from the commando image and flash that to the box.

Rab.

MetMan
20th July, 2008, 01:07 PM
Hi m8
yes the scan completes but no channels except terrestrial, I tried leaving it on a scrambles channel but nothing. I also went into tuxcommander,keys and noticed that there was no keylist.txt file could this be the prob?

I managed to flash laky-pro and that is working great but no games, I would prefer to use commando as that has games with it.

I shall try what you have suggested in the download section, should that fail is there a way I can extract the games folder from the commando image and flash that to the box.

Rab.

commando 8 hasn't the new rom files:

choices are:-

manually add the keys or preferably add the new rom....copy ur k*eys folder from laky to com in var/k*eys

rabby
20th July, 2008, 01:59 PM
would you happen to know what the password is for
the laky image??

Rab.

MetMan
20th July, 2008, 03:08 PM
would you happen to know what the password is for
the laky image??

Rab.

auth.password=dbox2
auth.username=root

rabby
24th July, 2008, 02:33 PM
Sorry not been in touch sooner been busy.

I tried loading the keys into the commando image but it still did not work-suspect it could be a problem with the evocamd setup.

Did not suspect that until I had setup laky-pro to my liking including the games and keys etc.

thanx for all your help, I am now able to copy an image and ftp to the box.

Rab.

LLARGE
24th July, 2008, 07:03 PM
Hi

I flashed Commando 8 image to my dbox2.
I used flashfxp, all i get now is image of the commandos on screen, and the box will not respond to any signal from the remote even though it receives them (green indicator light)

I have also tried dbox command and dbox2 image flashing assistant, same thing no access at all.

Can anyone out there in Kaosland help me please?

Also, i"m new to posting so if i"ve used wrong procedure, sorry.

aftermath
24th July, 2008, 07:47 PM
Hi

I used flashfxp, all i get now is image of the commandos on screen, and the box will not respond to any signal from the remote even though it receives them (green indicator light)

I have also tried dbox command and dbox2 image flashing assistant, same thing no access at all.

you will need to flash the box again, and now it looks like the box is bricked.

You will need to flash an image using a null modem cable, and the easiest way for you now is by using the Hyper terminal method.

Flashing a Dbox2 using A Null Modem Cable and Hyper Terminal (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1531)

plasterer
24th July, 2008, 09:04 PM
Hi

If your image boots to the commando screen
It can still be reflashed with IFA..............Paul