PDA

View Full Version : Golf GTI....%"*^& IMMO

PremierD
8th September, 2009, 11:14 AM
Can Anyone of our fine members....Remove the im*o.from this Golf ECU....Car drive perfectly for a few days.. then try to start it ... not effin go.. clear faults in ecu ..bursts into life... Another few days same problem... Pulling whats left of my hair out...No flashy key on the dash ..just not go .. ran the B58 eeprom through im*otool... now get the flashy key ....but still not effin go.. Help needed ...:giveup:

1998 Golft GTI ..1.8 20v turbo...

http://rapidshare.com/files/277185499/0_261_204_673.New.html
Original Dump attatched...Thank-you in advance for any help or pointers... ( Before I call te fire brigade )

Liteace
8th September, 2009, 11:41 AM
Can Anyone of our fine members....Remove the im*o.from this Golf ECU....Car drive perfectly for a few days.. then try to start it ... not effin go.. clear faults in ecu ..bursts into life... Another few days same problem... Pulling whats left of my hair out...No flashy key on the dash ..just not go .. ran the B58 eeprom through im*otool... now get the flashy key ....but still not effin go.. Help needed ...:giveup:

1998 Golft GTI ..1.8 20v turbo...

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/277185499/0_261_204_673.New.html)
Original Dump attatched...Thank-you in advance for any help or pointers... ( Before I call te fire brigade )

Golf Mk3. The immo is not in the ECU it?s a separate unit, if its left hand drive its just above your right knee, little black box with a 3 pin (coil reader) and 6 pin connection. Get the dump from the main chip in the immo box and post it here

Liteace
8th September, 2009, 12:00 PM
Sorry you say its 98 golf thats MK4 is it not, have you got vag-com do a scan and post here the log file

easytech
8th September, 2009, 09:22 PM
Try this and remove the i**obox.

PremierD
9th September, 2009, 01:42 PM
Sorry you say its 98 golf thats MK4 is it not, have you got vag-com do a scan and post here the log file

Here it is mate...Does'nt tell you a lot... except that the imobiliser is intermitant... and the other faults are probabley due to the owner cranking the starter for ages
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/277658495/Log-SELECT_GOLF.txt.html)

PremierD
9th September, 2009, 01:51 PM
Try this and remove the i**obox.

Sorry mate run that bye me again... remove immo box.....?

Mk 4 golf have an immo box.....?...I assumed that the Immo was in the speedometer...reads the key.. sends the signal to the b58 eeprom in the ECU... if the signal is the correct one ... engine fires up....although I am probably wrong... Not been correct all fcukin week:giveup:

easytech
9th September, 2009, 05:06 PM
The car was from '98 so as far I know ther must be a small box connected to the antenna from the keylock. (Even on 2001 cars sometimes there is still a seperate i**obox).
Look if this is so. Anyway the file I send is for an Audi A3/A4 with the same ecu family year and in the Audi only this file is enough for starting.

PremierD
10th September, 2009, 04:34 PM
The car was from '98 so as far I know ther must be a small box connected to the antenna from the keylock. (Even on 2001 cars sometimes there is still a seperate i**obox).
Look if this is so. Anyway the file I send is for an Audi A3/A4 with the same ecu family year and in the Audi only this file is enough for starting.

Sorry mate ..a no go...Put in file supplied.. Could not find im*o box .. But found pin on ecu that does both the im*o box (if fitted) and the dash im*o... Chopped wire ..Plugged in ecu ... Dash recognises key ( coz flashy key thingy illuminates then goes out .... Turn key to start... starts and then cuts out...:giveup:.... Think I here the Fire engine commingdown the road....

easytech
10th September, 2009, 05:50 PM
For my understanding, ignition on, key lamp and check engine goes on and then off? Then when starting the lights goes on again? If so please check the ground wire's on the cilinder head and near the ecu and wiper motor.

corkyvw
10th September, 2009, 06:14 PM
hav u tried another key?????????????

djwacik
10th September, 2009, 06:18 PM
Post ECU and Instrument cluster DTC's with VW part numbers... It would be easier to help you.

gtturbo
18th September, 2010, 03:32 PM
golf gti immo off ecu 261.206.518

adam28
18th September, 2010, 04:18 PM
your 1 year to late mate, if he still has the car now that would be very funny. I assume it got burned lol

tachonow
18th September, 2010, 04:19 PM
Just raising up post nr.

umoussa
18th September, 2010, 05:32 PM
me too :)

heheheheheheh