PDA

View Full Version : Ford galaxy dash intermittent

garagetech007
6th September, 2016, 09:07 AM
Hi i have a ford galaxy 2009 clock faulty goes on and off intermittently whenever it feels like it . checked all wiring fuses . Fault coming up with input power fault on Dashboard circuit

Any clues to what it could be ?

Thanks

maremuruk
6th September, 2016, 03:50 PM
I never worked on a Galaxy, but these are likely common in any dash circuit : Input IG power fault usually affected all dash function, intermittent B+ usually makes needles suddenly stall. If it's only the clock which having problems then there is big possibility it caused by a loose component connection/soldering.

good luck

joekoka
7th September, 2016, 08:09 AM
Its the main connector the connection is no good , just resolder the main connector as you get cracks on these fords ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garagetech007
7th September, 2016, 12:11 PM
Its the main connector the connection is no good , just resolder the main connector as you get cracks on these fords ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean the connector on the clock board?

captain crackers
7th September, 2016, 01:03 PM
Strip the dash to the pcb and re-solder the power connector pins (2 rows on the front side). It is the most likely cause of the problem but I have had a Galaxy titanium dash that was not fixed this way. Arthur.

garagetech007
10th September, 2016, 07:24 AM
Strip the dash to the pcb and re-solder the power connector pins (2 rows on the front side). It is the most likely cause of the problem but I have had a Galaxy titanium dash that was not fixed this way. Arthur.

Soldered the connectors still having same problem

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160910/e05d2a0fcb32024b33c3b5d4f0d43274.jpg

Switching on and off when ever it feels like it