PDA

View Full Version : Warning - and SAFE UNLOCK for G600

bvilleuk
8th September, 2009, 01:17 PM
I picked the following up from an eBay review - I hope it will be useful to somebody AND PLEASE HEED THE WARNING ABOUT #*7337#

FREE SAMSUNG G600 UNLOCKING CODE DO NOT USE #*7337#
==============================================

There are quite a few ebayers selling Samsung G600 unlock codes DO NOT BUY THEM, 99% of them are selling this code: #*7337#

THIS DAMAGES YOUR SAMSUNG G600 AND DOES NOT UNLOCK YOUR PHONE.

In fact it makes the IMEI number of your phone 000000000000000 This means that your phone WILL not work as all the networks have BARRED this number.

To unlock your Samsung G600 use the below codes, we have used this code for months in our shop and service centre and it WORKS and does not damage it:

Insert wrong simcard half way in, power on the phone.
With display showing insert sim,
fully insert the sim and enter EP2 full reset code *2767*3855#
Wait for 1 minute after phone reboots!

Phone should now be working with the wrong sim.

Now enter *7465625*638*00000000*00000000# Network locks personelized
Now enter #7465625*638*00000000# Network lock deactivated
Enter *#7465625# and see all locks are deactivated

No Imei damage, no clip needed !

[No intention to offend anybody who listed in good faith the #*7337# Code in previous mails]

All the very best to all SAMSUNG users!!

bvilleuk

Jiminni
1st October, 2009, 08:50 AM
Thanks, bvilleuk, for this post. I will try this. Unfortunately I did use the #*7337# code on another G600 and the IMEI number did zero but the phone works ok (ish). Do you know of any way of restoring the IMEI number without all the expensive gear normally talked about?
Jiminni

bvilleuk
1st October, 2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks, bvilleuk, for this post. I will try this. Unfortunately I did use the #*7337# code on another G600 and the IMEI number did zero but the phone works ok (ish). Do you know of any way of restoring the IMEI number without all the expensive gear normally talked about?
Jiminni

My local Phone Shop charge ?10 to reinstall the IMEI -- but they want proof of purchase, the original box it came in [imei number on side] -- Passport and inside leg measurement.......

They say they don't really want to do it [this is their way of bumping up the price -- it takes all of 15 seconds to do if you have the software]

No wonder he has a nice shiny BMW parked outside......

Must be a licence to print money running a Phone Shop.... He's charging ?9.40 for a NULL MODEM lead -- I bought one recently on FleaBay for ?1.94 inc post.... :)

Jiminni
1st October, 2009, 10:09 AM
Hi . . . I suppose it reasonable that they want proof of purchase (since it's against the Law!) but I bought mine on Ebay so that'll be a problem! I had heard that you had to have some expensive box-of-tricks to restore the IMEI number but maybe that's BS. I have the null modem but can't get it to work with the 'phone . . so sod it - I'll not bother since it's working (mostly) as it is.
Thanks for your reply - great to talk with you.
Jiminni

grizzly61bear
27th December, 2010, 11:16 AM
To unlock your Samsung G600 use the below codes, we have used this code for months in our shop and service centre and it WORKS and does not damage it:

Insert wrong simcard half way in, power on the phone.
With display showing insert sim,
fully insert the sim and enter EP2 full reset code *2767*3855#
Wait for 1 minute after phone reboots!

Phone should now be working with the wrong sim.

Now enter *7465625*638*00000000*00000000# Network locks personelized
Now enter #7465625*638*00000000# Network lock deactivated
Enter *#7465625# and see all locks are deactivated

No Imei damage, no clip needed !

I used the first part with the sim half inserted, then the second part starting * but when I try the third part beginning # it says now network and sp lock are still active, any help gratefully received

grizzly61bear
27th December, 2010, 11:23 AM
it states wrong password when I enter #7465625*638*00000000#, previously on Virgin now trying to use T mobile sim, or maybe Vodafone if that does not work. Are there different codes for each provider?

Jim.Mahoney
29th December, 2010, 11:02 PM
A serial cable worked on Samsung's up until the D500 anything later than that needs an expensive hardware/software combination.

It always sounds expensive but consider that the phone shop has to buy the device to do the job (around 200 - 300 pounds) plus pay a yearly fee add to this a computer, rent, rates the list goes on! He's got a BMW because he works his a55 off!!!

In the UK it is illegal to alter the IMEI even if you have accidentally zapped it to all zeros! It should be sent back to Samsung as the "original equipment manufacturer" as stated in the UK act! That means sending it to South Korea and I'm guessing the courier costs is going to top ten quid!! The guy is doing you a (big) favour if you but know it!

Asking for a receipt with the original IMEI on it is quite reasonable as for all he knows you could have swapped boards from a network blacklisted phone and used a code to set the IMEI to zeros!

Here in South Africa the law is less stringent and allows for the "correction" of IMEI's for service reasons.

I think a tenner is quite a bargain, the going rate here is R100 and that's about half a days pay for the average worker!

I'll do it for free for you, I'm about 3.5 hours drive from Cape Town airport and it's summer here!

Jim.Mahoney
29th December, 2010, 11:22 PM
it states wrong password when I enter #7465625*638*00000000#, previously on Virgin now trying to use T mobile sim, or maybe Vodafone if that does not work. Are there different codes for each provider?

There are up to seven locks possible!

The first is Network lock i.e. to say T-Mobile
SIM Range lock - Vodafone use this to stop you popping a contract SIM in a pre-pay handset!
Provider lock - Use in combination with network lock - Virgin UK are locked to T-Mobile but only accept Virgin SIM cards.

The other four locks do locks that you'll probably never meet. Like Corporate lock stopping you putting your own say, O2 SIM in your company provided O2 handset!

ssamsungg600
14th August, 2012, 05:50 PM
Just started to try this on a 2nd hand Orange phone and the first bit i.e. *2767*3855# worked.

The latter is quite useful as it reset the user passwords which the previous owner had forgotten.

The 'wrong' SIM I inserted required a PIN and then I couldn't enter the other numbers so I switched the phone off, changed to SIM number 3 and switched the phone on again.

When the phone boots I get a small window asking for "network lock", when I type in *7465625*638*00000000*00000000# I get the message "wrong password 9 attempts left". I am now down to 8 attempts left.

The phone appears to still accepts an Orange SIM with no problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Canker_Canison
17th August, 2012, 03:33 PM
When the phone boots I get a small window asking for "network lock", when I type in *7465625*638*00000000*00000000# I get the message "wrong password 9 attempts left". I am now down to 8 attempts left.

The phone appears to still accepts an Orange SIM with no problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

The 'network lock' prompt is asking for the unlock code. Unless you pay for it you will only risk locking the phone permanently.

This free unlock method may work, but it's not the best solution. If the phones turns off the unlock is lost & has to be done again.
Just take it to a shop or buy the unlock code off ebay

ssamsungg600
21st August, 2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks Canker, I thought I had said thanks earlier but I don't see it