PDA

View Full Version : Kess V2 Unlock No cpr

F1r3
6th September, 2016, 02:42 PM
Kess V2 Unlock No crp
hallo and good day to you all,

i'm new on the forum, and bin reading some stuff in varieus posts..
as i wanted to buy my self a Kess v2 clone, but its quite hard to deside what firmware version one needs,

as the early Kess firmware is crp2 and the new v4.036 is even crp3.
now i have bin reading the 700+ pages datasheet of the lpc24xx and i found something iteresting that may be used to unlock the whole KESS v2
it seems when a update to the CRP code is passed, the udate only takes effect when the device goes trough a power cycle, so this means that when u have like a crp2 firmware, and update it to the latest crp3 activated firmware 4.036 that this crp code is only active after one power cycle of the device, so in other words, this way you will have a crp2 4.036 firmware untill you power cycle.
now we still have the prob of not being able to write the bootloader so we are still stuck.... BUT
there are 2 ways you can bypass this prob,

1: get a new lpc24 chip
2: or use the tempreture voltage glitch method to reset the whole chip..

this will give you a clean chip with no crp activated, then use Ksuite to udate your device to 4.036 and as before only after powecycle will it activate the crp3, when the update is done.. dont disconnect your device {dont let it powecylce}, and have your UART ISP programmer ready, in this way the ISP proticole is wide open and then u can write a new value to the CRP address so to deactivate it, now you can pull the firmware of the chip and you will have a 4.036 firmware version that is not locked with crp3. and this opens up some Jtag maddniss.. :)

some protection you might want to use, is a external power supply to make sure it can not pwr cylce after install of firmware.

this is a theoretical idea on how to bypass the crp lockout, and needs testing..

kind regards

morgano
6th September, 2016, 03:08 PM
No need test anything, after firmware update lpc invokes reset and no need to powercycle. Crp3 become active. Is not the same program from blank via isp or jtag and update code via iap calls. Totally different procedure and behaviour ;)

F1r3
6th September, 2016, 04:52 PM
ipc invokes reset..? are you sure about that..

taking a look at the datasheet..

Code Read Protection is a mechanism that allows user to enable different levels of security in the system so that access to the on-chip Flash and use of the ISP can berestricted. When needed, CRP is invoked by programming a specific pattern in Flash location at 0x000001FC. IAP commands are not affected by the code read protection.Starting with bootloader version 3.2 three levels of CRP are implemented. Earlier bootloader versions had only CRP2 option implemented
.Important: any CRP change becomes effective only after the device has gone through a power cycle.

kind regards

F1r3
6th September, 2016, 09:00 PM
aa i see.

ok so next question then. is this a soft or hard reset...?
as a hard reset can be bypassed soft reset not so match..

other thing is if i take a look at the hex file for the v4.036 fimware crp is off as well,
same goes for the firmeware of v3.099 at the correct offset it seems crp is off, and not set to crp2..?
so you are saying when the firmware is updated it will overwire this value..?
to say the lpc is jtag enabled before the firmware update..?
or am i misunderstanding you ..?

kr

teamtuner
6th September, 2016, 09:40 PM
aa i see.

other thing is if i take a look at the hex file for the v4.036 fimware crp is off as well,
same goes for the firmeware of v3.099 at the correct offset it seems crp is off, and not set to crp2..?

kr
mate...here is too much BLA-BLA-BLA
there is the token reset for crp3 for this tool
for crp2 there is the reflash of nxp with firmware by uart
for no crp there is the reflash of nxp with j-link or by uart
finished...wanna try unlock nxp?...try with the hot air method...or better not...

tango
8th September, 2016, 09:20 PM
aa i see.

kr

the files you are looking at and showing the crp level are the same files
ie 4.036 file is really 3.099 file
there is no real 4.036 hex or bin file on any forum

teamtuner
8th September, 2016, 10:07 PM
the files you are looking at and showing the crp level are the same files
ie 4.036 file is really 3.099 file
there is no real 4.036 hex or bin file on any forum
mate
4.036 became real only if nxp is reflashed with the 4.036 .bin file and after that is done the update with k-suite
untill update with k-suite is not done,the nxp is not crp3 blocked..and the 4.036 is not real the real 4.036
practically,the update with ksuite install the crp3 protection
also..if you forgot to do first the reflash of nxp with the bin file...and you play only with the update of ksuite-your nxp will be blocked with crp3 and a fake 4.036...even if it was not reflashed into nxp

Fordprobe
9th September, 2016, 01:36 PM
new kess in on his way with latest fw. and will have NXP with a socket and u replace after 20tokens!

teamtuner
9th September, 2016, 02:25 PM
new kess in on his way with latest fw. and will have NXP with a socket and u replace after 20tokens!
do you think that the 5.002 will be better than 4.036?...with all this problems of reset?
buy-change nxp
uhhh...
also ktag 7.020
uhhh...
for what?
for somes cars more?
NO THANKS...i will buy magpro x17 original and i will fucx all thoses clone shix problems...

tango
10th September, 2016, 05:34 PM
mate
4.036 became real only if nxp is reflashed with the 4.036 .bin file and after that is done the update with k-suite
untill update with k-suite is not done,the nxp is not crp3 blocked..and the 4.036 is not real the real 4.036
practically,the update with ksuite install the crp3 protection
also..if you forgot to do first the reflash of nxp with the bin file...and you play only with the update of ksuite-your nxp will be blocked with crp3 and a fake 4.036...even if it was not reflashed into nxp

this is more or less what i meant
what i was also explaining was the bin files you have to program first are just 3.099 with edited parts
4.036.bin is reall 3.099.bin
the files for update to real 4.036 are the ones in the ksuite update folder but needs to be done exactly has you say by reprogramming nxp first before anything else