PDA

View Full Version : KTM 990 950 649 adventure dasboard speed correction

nergal
7th September, 2016, 11:23 AM
hello my friends,

i use my bike to some events and KTM as an option to use a tripmaster on the odometer, that is fantastic, but as you know all odometers have an error. so when using a roadbook that is not very helpfull

however this odometer as an option to change the wheel size (it measures on the wheel) and for each wheel it displays the size in mm of the wheel.

i beleive this information should be stored on the L56 chip and i would like to change it for example changing the 19'' wheel to the correct wheel size im MM (like bicycles) eliminating the error. however HEx is not my strong language and i believe that someone here should be able to help me out for sure.

cheer's mates

zckariya70
7th September, 2016, 11:46 AM
Mate dont start same thread again and again, wait untill some one respond your thread....................................:)

nergal
7th September, 2016, 12:08 PM
this is not a repeated thread is it? i dont recall putting in other like this one :stoned:

bob1620
7th September, 2016, 03:39 PM
hello
u can see in service manual can change 17 or 19 "
i ever see this problem before not correct mileage are not right
second is different different
i change dash problem is solve
here is sample file 990

do't forget my thanks

nergal
8th September, 2016, 10:39 AM
hello
u can see in service manual can change 17 or 19 "
i ever see this problem before not correct mileage are not right
second is different different
i change dash problem is solve
here is sample file 990

do't forget my thanks

thais dump is from a post 2008 bike this is a pre 2008

i know you can change the wheel size the problem is that all vehicles come with a error from 4%-10% on the odometer and i want to correct that error on the odometer adjusting the wheel size in MM (when you change 17 to 19 you see in the bottom the wheel size) bu i dont know where it could be found on the l56 chip eeprom

bob1620
8th September, 2016, 10:43 AM
U MEAN WANT TO CHANGE 17 OR 19 ON L56
IF THIS I DON'T KNOW
I ONLY MAKE IT NORMAL BY OEM PARTS