PDA

View Full Version : brake pad warning indicator 318is

stu56
19th July, 2008, 07:20 PM
afternoon chaps

brake pad wear indicator lit up on my dash last week, so i ordered some pads and jacked up the motor.

when i got the wheels of i see i don;t need pads at all, just the wear sensor has come loose and grounded out against the disc.

i replaced with a new sensor, but the indicator light stays on. Does this have to be reset by diagnostics tool ??

stu

smirnoff_rules
19th July, 2008, 07:47 PM
no m8 but u might have to drive it to reset the light

stu56
26th July, 2008, 02:41 PM
been driving it all week !
still warning light on - any other ideas ?

Tizzer22
26th July, 2008, 08:33 PM
You could try leaving the battery disconnected over night and that might clear any errors.

smirnoff_rules
26th July, 2008, 08:37 PM
there only a basic sensor , u sure its in right ?

Neil
26th July, 2008, 11:22 PM
Did you check the sensors on both pads on both wheels? How about the rear end, do they have sensors?

dctyper
2nd August, 2008, 05:26 PM
you need to reset it but turning the key on then off, without starting the engine. repeat this on off thing four times. leave 1/2 a second betrween the movements

cactikid
21st September, 2008, 05:35 PM
low brake fliud?

religical
23rd September, 2008, 11:18 PM
Did you check the sensors on both pads on both wheels? How about the rear end, do they have sensors?

that isn't possible , bmw have brake pad sensors on the front weels on the left side, and on de back wheels on the right side ... that's what they told me but i think it's need to be reset or the sensors arent good ...

smirnoff_rules
23rd September, 2008, 11:23 PM
grantee the sensors r u/s m8/ l have never at to reset any lights they just go off . there only earth anyway .. u can disconnect the sensor and loop the wire and the light should go off

dr rossi
15th February, 2009, 08:26 PM
try leaveing the ignition on with out engine running for 1 to 2 mins

kaosdigital
15th February, 2009, 09:39 PM
Okay, here is how you do.
Make sure new sensor you installed correctly( recheck back of sensor connector plug ) and a good one(not a defective one). Make sure Right rear sensor is not damaged. Turn ignition ON(all light in dash ON) but do not start the car. The Brake sensor warning light should goes off within one minute. If not either sensor fault or wiring problem.