PDA

View Full Version : Eurovox EX5000 hard drive problem

taximonkey
19th July, 2008, 08:09 PM
Hi guys,
I received my Eurovox EX5000 this morning and i have a problem with the hard drive, i cant get it to so anything! Its a 120gb Seagate Momentus 5400.3 and it came with the box. Came with FTA channels only so i flashed the box with version 1.0 ST4 July 10 2008.
When i hit the record button on the remote it says "Hard drive is full or not installed". The same thing comes up if i press pause.
If i try to record through the EPG it accepts the request and when the time comes it switches over to the channel but then comes up with " No recording to play or no hard drive installed". Cant get the hard drive to do anything.
Can anyone help??
Cheers.

lost
19th July, 2008, 10:55 PM
make sure the hdd is inserted fully

taximonkey
20th July, 2008, 09:57 AM
Wont go in any further. Had the drive in and out 100 times, still nothing.

lost
20th July, 2008, 12:03 PM
in that case you have to try and find out if the problem is with the box or the hdd this is what i would do if possible check the hdd with a pc.
contact whoever supplied the box and hdd and ask the supplier of the box if it would be ok for you to open the box to see if there is a lead off anywher in the box to the hdd fitting.

taximonkey
20th July, 2008, 12:20 PM
Cheers m8. I connected the drive to my PC yesterday and it does see it. Thought it might have been something silly i had overlooked but apparently not.
I have emailed the place where i bought the box, just gonna wait for a reply from them before my next move.
Thanks .

downloader
20th July, 2008, 03:18 PM
If your PC see's the HD then have you formatted it.
It has to be raw to be used in the box.
Try FDISK in DOS on your PC

taximonkey
20th July, 2008, 05:09 PM
No m8 i didnt format the drive, i just plugged it into the PC to see if the drive was broken and it started spinning.
The bios saw it, didnt go any further.

blorimirrr
23rd July, 2008, 09:44 AM
I have the same problem with WD Scorpio drive 120gb........... Exactly the same...... Tried with the f/w 1.1 now and will see the results.............. and post back

<--blorimirrr added 571 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...-->

OK taximonkey,

My WD 120GB drive now works............ I had to very carefully push (and ensure) all the pins of the HD in.

I initially thought that the drive is properly seated on the pins and then just to make sure looked through the grill to make sure and have seen that the pins on the right hand side were sticking out a little bit. Sorted that and did the process as normal (flashed the box and scanned for channels) and everything works for now. So, as mentioned in some other posts make sure your pins are seated properly in the box.

Hope you manage to solve your problem as well (and probably you will as everyone says Seagate drive is the one for this box)

k25
31st August, 2009, 02:04 PM
i have a samsung PATA 2.5" hdd, and i also get the message hdd not installed, do u reckon it'd have been better going for wd o seagate to avoid pins not fitting properly?

My hdd pins just touch the holes, only 25% of their lenght fits inside the rest sticks out,
wonder if it's the same with seagate?

cheers