PDA

View Full Version : technomate 1500 and 5400 questions

Saltire
19th July, 2008, 08:40 PM
can i ask, how do these box's get flashed etc, is it via usb or serial port on pc ?? This new pc i have is one of the typical modern pc's in that it dont have a serial port as such, so if things require plugging into a serial i have to use another pc etc, pain in the ass, so iam hoping they are flashable via usb.

Ohhh, and, very important this, how is the "true 16:9 widescreen" on these box's ???

Is it 100% perfect like i currently experience with my dreambox 500c (on cable), i know through my experience of cable box's that there are loads of great pretender box's out there that pretend to have perfect 16:9 widescreen, but they dont, simple as that, only ones that have it perfect are virgin's own box's or the dream and dbox, the others are all fake widescreen, picture stretched or pulled one way or the other.

So thats why iam asking this question about the technomates i quote above, i dont wanna be stung again with the pretend 16:9 box's, so can someone confirm it defo has it or not and if it actually says in the onscreen display options "16:9 widescreen" etc etc ?

<--Thomson added 2 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...-->

plus i was reading about these boxs and see they have different amount of built in cams, how important is this ?

utdman
19th July, 2008, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=Thomson;30746]can i ask, how do these box's get flashed etc, is it via usb or serial port on pc ?? This new pc i have is one of the typical modern pc's in that it dont have a serial port as such, so if things require plugging into a serial i have to use another pc etc, pain in the ass, so iam hoping they are flashable via usb.
QUOTE]

1500 is the older model. on this you can only flash the box via the null modem cable.

as for the 5400 you can either flash by null mod cab or usb

Saltire
22nd July, 2008, 01:17 AM
anyone anymore input on all the above questions please ?

(well i guess the one about flashing via usb is answered already)

firestorm
22nd July, 2008, 02:33 AM
you can always use a usb to serial adaptor to flash it and upload your softcams or you can put keys in with your remote but why go for a technomate they are good as i once had a 1500 and it was and still is a great box but not a patch on the dreambox 7020 were you can flash it by lan,The technomate need updating a lot as they have lost alot of channels in the last 12 months like tequila and soon premire when it goses to nagra3 were as the dreambox with abit of googleing will open everthing there is. As for the picture size on my old 1500 i had then a 42"plasma and the picture did not look strained like it was on my starview

Saltire
22nd July, 2008, 03:11 AM
you can always use a usb to serial adaptor to flash it and upload your softcams or you can put keys in with your remote but why go for a technomate they are good as i once had a 1500 and it was and still is a great box but not a patch on the dreambox 7020 were you can flash it by lan,The technomate need updating a lot as they have lost alot of channels in the last 12 months like tequila and soon premire when it goses to nagra3 were as the dreambox with abit of googleing will open everthing there is. As for the picture size on my old 1500 i had then a 42"plasma and the picture did not look strained like it was on my starview

ahhhh, the dreambox 7020 sounds more like what i need then i think :) and if its anything like my current dreambox 500c on cable then it will have perfect 16:9 option too ?

p.s
ive messed with them serial to usb cables etc on windows vista and they dont work, well they do for some people, not for me though.

<--Thomson added 6 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...-->

WOW....! expensive though i see, lol