View Full Version : PT CRUISER ECU P0601

GolfmkI
13th September, 2016, 05:36 PM
Hello

As I ve said car is Chrysler PtCruiser 2002

MIL on , error is P0601.

Car runs perfect but MIL ON.

Checksum basically. NOt??

Ive read on Ptcruiser user forums and seems very tipical problem on these ecus...

If software is the problem then we can simple reprogramm module to delete this error...

Tool???

Corrupted flash ?

Corrupted eeprom ? ( Then we cannot use to clone donor ecu)

I have not Chrysler Oem tool, and havent access to Chrysler NEt POrtal....

In fact ,even with a J-2534 compatible and access allowed we could reprogramm module...with Chrysler rules

If we have not these requirements, we cannot do anything with our programmers????

There are tons of these ecus with these problem....

There are company that are correcting so cant be so difficult!! :single_eye::rofl:

ONTOPIC: These cars has typical issue with oil pressure sensor. It leaks and oil fluid "like magic" and go inside the lower plug of Ecu!!
Seem a nonsense but lower plug was completelly full of engine oil . IN fact in my opinion these was the cause of problem.
But now whole ecu and harness clean ( and of course oil pressure sensor new). But we cannot erase P0601 ....

GolfmkI
13th September, 2016, 05:44 PM
Here a picture.

Oil flow through oil sender wire....

Harness ECU connector was really bad also.

Act Tuning
13th September, 2016, 05:48 PM
delete dtc via flash and job done !!

Jan1980
13th September, 2016, 08:28 PM
I would rewrite the ecu with ori software dump. What is the map memory of the ecu ? Did you open the housing ? Eprom or flash ?

This should help ! If not, i would delete dtc in flash..

GolfmkI
1st October, 2016, 12:33 PM
It is Mitsubishi ECU.
I really dont find how to read it....

I think best solution is change ecu or try update with J2534 and access in TechAuthorityWebsite.

I'll give a try this weekend, and I'll keep update.

Thanks

alclot
19th December, 2016, 03:24 PM
Hi everybody. I have one Voyager with ~~~~ dtc P0601. Did you fix the problem? This ecu has brown silicone.
Thanks in advance ;)