PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE

zazzaz
19th July, 2008, 09:49 PM
HI i am new to the whole flasing thing

I have a Nokia DBOX 2 with sportser image

I want the box to update the keys itself as im sick of doing it manually.

Can someone explain how i do this and what i need - i have a laptop with wireless internet and the box - thats all - i can get the images from tcb.cc toolbar

Thanks

Zaz

Jaffa
19th July, 2008, 10:12 PM
You need a crossover cable and an ftp client like flashfxp, its in downloads section and theres a guide with it, once you set it up you have to get an image which updates the keys and transfer it to /tmp. Once you get that far we can then guide you the rest of the way but its best to do it in stages so get flashfxp set up and then post again......its pretty straight forward m8 and you will handle it easily.

zazzaz
21st July, 2008, 06:18 PM
I have a ethernet cable - can tht work???

Frederick
21st July, 2008, 07:15 PM
use a cross over cable if direct PC-dbox

Straight through cable if through router

Both are ethernet cables !

zazzaz
29th July, 2008, 01:58 PM
Hey all

I have a cross over cable now and flash fxp - i had to download it from somewhere else because the downlaod section said i wasnt allowed to dwnload it - so can someone help me from here - how do ic onnect to my dbox - do ihave to put it in debug mode??- how do i do that ? also i have the neutrino image on the box already.

MetMan
29th July, 2008, 02:08 PM
Hey all

I have a cross over cable now and flash fxp - i had to download it from somewhere else because the downlaod section said i wasnt allowed to dwnload it - so can someone help me from here - how do ic onnect to my dbox - do ihave to put it in debug mode??- how do i do that ? also i have the neutrino image on the box already.

i've only ever gone thru a router m8 but your box is in debug mode forget about that....you need to connect ur cable to box and pc, find out ur ipaddress of ur pc and set ur box as 1 above that....ie 192.168.001.001 to 192.168.001.002 save ur changes in the box ie settings/network and test it see if u can ping it....if u can't u may have to alter some of the network settings on ur pc...