PDA

View Full Version : best internet provider?!

dunno87
14th September, 2016, 08:31 PM
Hi all, is there a known fibre broadband provider that's best to run with tv providers?!

I currently have talktalk fibre 38mb, got a good deal, unlimited broadband and calls for ?25pm including line rental.

But keep getting glitching and freezing, now I'm not sure if it's tv providers or my fibre.

When I check with speed test app my ping is up and down, some low I.e 23ms sometimes as high as 1250ms+. Also download gets down to 8mb.

Got engineer coming next week as recently had router changed but getting same problem again. When I connect my phone the connection drops via Ethernet and WiFi.

I have a Openbox v8s btw, with latest firmware and channel update via internet download through openbox.

chris31560
14th September, 2016, 09:38 PM
vermin by far, there the most stable and fastest provider on the market, they knock spots off all the others..................c

P&D
14th September, 2016, 10:15 PM
Nothing to do with the internet provider .....I can run mine box off my phone......its a bit better than than the V8s.....I would not blame the internet

problems are the box or the other provider.......I would say the box very low end market...main chip very .........SSSSSSlow

Upgrade to a better box = no breakup

But you step into a whole new world then lol......look into the zgemma box most openbox owners are for the cheap end market

dunno87
14th September, 2016, 11:20 PM
It's my first box, so went easy. I'm thinking of getting another box for another room. Thinking of going for a zgemma tbh.

Well I'll see what happens with the t*lkt*lk engineer.

My mum's with vermin and they say it's appalling, you can even pick the WiFi up in the room directly above the router. In the other side of the house or the back garden you got no hope. Even sat or.even 10ft away from router you only get half a signal. And this is there best and latest router apparently.