PDA

View Full Version : Smart ForFour 2005 petrol ECU rear/write and KTag China Clone

mituc
15th September, 2016, 08:06 AM
Hello Everyone,

Before anything else I want to say I'm new to this and I wouldn't probably got into it if I had the right people to work with locally. So please be gentle, if there is any document I need to read to get this done please point me to it and I'll comply. I'm new to ECU stuff but I'm not a complete stranger of how electronics, wiring and firmwares work.

A while ago I decided I want more power from my Smart ForFour petrol 1.5T 2005 (Mitsubishi ECU). So I went to a local shop, they used a fully licensed and up to date Galleto interface to read the memory image from my ECU (768kB) without opening the ECU only using the pins, I've sent the image to a tuner and got the modified image back. This is where everything started to stop working for me.

The Galleto doesn't calculate the checksum with the right algorithm or doesn't add the checksum to the right address, because when we attempted to write the modified image back, raw or with the checksum calculated by the FGTech Galleto kit the car would not recognize the ECU any more. So we wrote back the original image and this is how the car runs now just like before. So we know the Galleto can write a raw image properly on the ECU, but would not calculate the checksum properly and embed it into the actual image.

I checked with the tuner and they told me they recommend K-Tag. Nobody around here had K-Tag, only Galleto, so I went shopping on-line for a KTag interface. At that point I didn't know about the reworked ones, about the China clones, inverted wires, and so on, I only thought the operating software had some kind of a multiplied license and that was the reason why the PC/Laptop should not go on-line with that application running which is fine because I needed to write my ECU only once and then get rid of it. So I ended up with a 2.11 K-Suite application and a China K-Tag clone running firmware 5.0001 or something.

I hooked the ECU like in this image by creating a bridge for the red 12V feed (the help files from my 2.11 K-Suite state to open the ECU and put it on the k-tag bench, which now I know it's not necessary):
https://s12.postimg.org/wuygzwg3d/IMAG2304.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/wuygzwg3d/)
And when I try to read it I get an error message: communication error: please check power and connections 0x100B
I also tried to swap the yellow and purple wires and it's still the same.

At this point I'm stuck and I don't have the knowledge, I don't even know what to search for to attempt to go further.

So my question is, can I even do what I want to do with this China clone? If yes then how, what do I need to do or what do I have to read to get this over with?

Thank you!

mituc
16th September, 2016, 01:57 PM
The ECU type is Mitsubishi MH8304F if that helps.