PDA

View Full Version : On set up,which postcode do I enter

Gratis
9th September, 2009, 02:29 PM
I would like to know if there is an advantage on entering a different postcode when prompted on the set up menu of a Freesat receiver.I read the postcode will determine the regional variations of programmes & also the regional stations.I live in Glasgow & entering a local postcode should enable me to receive STV,yet if I enter an SW1 postcode,I should therefore receive ITV London.Is it true ITV HD is only available in London area?Also,any idea which postcode,if any,is best to enter.I am not fussed over watching local news programmes & would prefer to enter a postcode that enhances my channel list.Thanks

RobPa
9th September, 2009, 04:33 PM
my freesat is tuned into west midlands and recieve hd fine. i think it is just for your region, even when postcode is entered all the regions are still available from around channel 950

dick b
10th September, 2009, 02:26 PM
you should get ITVHD anywhere.but it is only broadcast occasionly,it is accessed by pressing the red button on the remote when prompted on screen while watching ITV1 its a stream so freesat boxes cant pick it up when its not on air.as you need to input pids to get it to show as a separate channel.
my advice would be to input your local postcode then any channels not in the freesat package can be put in the boxes other channels section manually.