PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem EIS key adding

brobble
20th September, 2016, 08:31 AM
Good morning.

I have an old MB CLK in my garage. The car has 2 keys. One big fish with motorola inside and a flat spare key without remote function. The normal key (big fish) wasnt working anymore. Customer wanted to get this key working again and one extra normal key. Because I had one of this old keys I said I will make it. So at first I opend the EIS, desoldered and read the outside HC05. Hash error in key0. I repaired it by recalculation the checksum, programed resoldered the mcu, built EIS into car. No success. OK, I read out the HC05E6 from not working key. Strange data. I used weboctopus.nl to calculate new key data, reprogrammed to key. Key is working. It was a .051 key. Now I wanted to add my spare key (big fish also, but .021 (567.880.031)). I calculated new key data by weboctopus.nl .021, programmed the key. I left key status to 04FC, because I programmed keys to unused places. So it seems to get activated automaticly I think. I put this key to EIS, wait some seconds, elv opend. Took out. Remote function working. Put in, imedently start the car. Works. I believed. Now the strange problem:
When I put the key into eis, the elv opens. But if I wait a second I cant rotate the key. This means, when I put the key into eis I can hear a click (not elv) from magnet, which allows me to rotate the key. After a second I hear again this click, so I cant rotate the key. So the car only start, when I imedently rotate the key to start the car. For exemple, I can put the key into eis, under this second I can make ignition, but after this second I can not start. Or I put key into eis, wait a second, I can not make ignition. Or I put key into ignition, imidently start the car. But I always need to do it under a second. I hope someone can understand this. I believe, the problem is in 021-calculation of weboctopus.nl. At first I thought, maybe problem in key. Bought new used one for cheep at ebay. But sh.t, this was an .011-key. I converted 021-keydate by manual from smayer to 011-keydata. Programmed this to key (next unused place). But with this key I have exactly the same problem. Remote working. But starting the car only with rotating key under a second after putting key into eis.

I?m interested in, whether someone knows this problem.

My solution will be to program a 051 key only in future, when my nec programmer arives I ordered. A nice chrome key is better solution for customer... :-)

I could upload my eis data and weboctopus.nl keydata, if someone wants to take a look at them.

Greetings MR...

lpf01
20th September, 2016, 12:40 PM
Check soldering in EIS, load back old EIS dump and just leave the hash error position and make key for another one.

I think hash error repair needed in both hc05.

brobble
20th September, 2016, 01:28 PM
@lpf01: I dont want to believe, that EIS is the problem. I only corrected hash checksum for key0, but didnt use this key number. The EIS had 3key?s. The original key, which was key0 before I think, I programed to key4. And this key is working very well, the small spare key without remote is working normal also. Only 2 keys 0.21 and 0.11 dont want to work normal. But with them I could start the car. I only must be fast after put key in ezs. For me no acceptable solution.

I have now one free key place. Key7 is unused. Maybe someone can generate 021 key for key position 7 (last one). It would be interest, if the key than works. Otherwise I will program 051 nec key, when my programmer arrives.

Thanks in advance.