PDA

View Full Version : USB issues on V8s Openbox

Superswallow
22nd September, 2016, 10:48 AM
Has anyone any advice on this?

Recently installed a HDD on the rear USB port which works fine. Then yesterday attempted to update the Channel List .dbs as usual on the front USB. No luck!
Couldnt find any dbs file! I've done this many times before using memory on the rear port. Then I realised I'd probably have to select the USB! Problem: There doesn't seem to be anywhere to do that. Yes, you can select A or B to see info on storage but I can't find anywhere to select a particular drive.

Partially resolved the issue by using the HDD on the front and removing it to put in a memory stick with the dbs file on but it's a bit messy.

Am I missing something somewhere on the menus?

DW190
22nd September, 2016, 10:49 PM
Has anyone any advice on this?

Recently installed a HDD on the rear USB port which works fine. Then yesterday attempted to update the Channel List .dbs as usual on the front USB. No luck!
Couldnt find any dbs file! I've done this many times before using memory on the rear port. Then I realised I'd probably have to select the USB! Problem: There doesn't seem to be anywhere to do that. Yes, you can select A or B to see info on storage but I can't find anywhere to select a particular drive.

Partially resolved the issue by using the HDD on the front and removing it to put in a memory stick with the dbs file on but it's a bit messy.

Am I missing something somewhere on the menus?

If you put the right software on the box it can be updated online or you can use the LAN tool and update over your network.

Superswallow
22nd September, 2016, 11:26 PM
Thanks DW190, I should have added that I have the software to update online and did use this originally but the last dbs file is dated 08/08 whereas CWaites files are updated regularly.

DW190
23rd September, 2016, 08:36 AM
Thanks DW190, I should have added that I have the software to update online and did use this originally but the last dbs file is dated 08/08 whereas CWaites files are updated regularly.

The online channel file is CWaites, just take them a while to update it.

Try using the Lan Tool and do it over your local network:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2836

cole2006
27th September, 2016, 10:49 PM
how do you conect it to the box,and does it work on openbox v8