PDA

View Full Version : Still no ESPN

weewood
9th September, 2009, 05:30 PM
Evening everyone.

I tried scanning for ESPN many moons ago, when it first started airing the footy and had no luck.

I am using DK 1.1 and have tried a local scan on Wigan (I am from the old Telepest Wigan area), also on 6952 and even tried selecting ESPN America (the only one I have) and then doing a network scan.I have even done Bruteforce scans.

When I go to all services there is nothing. I have tried checking anything at the beginning with an obscure name and leaving it on for several mins to see if it updates but cant get ESPN or Classic.

I am despaerate to get this as they are going to show the Aussie RL playoffs and final.

I have even tried 3 other images including Neutrinos.
I have always had to have a yellow brick booster on as the signal isnt good and I've tried adjusting that. I've also tried attenuators and removing the brick altogether but still nothing..

Has anyone any ideas, or is it just down to a crappy signal?

Cheers
Woody

wilf
9th September, 2009, 05:34 PM
you should be able to pull it through if you do a bruteforce for uk scan takes a while but works for me on dk image

weewood
9th September, 2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the reply Wilf.

I have tried a Bruteforce several times and still no-where to be seen.

It is beginning to drive me up the wall now

AllyB
19th September, 2009, 05:52 PM
i have this problem too, in ex telewest newcastle. did u manage to solve it ?

weewood
22nd September, 2009, 06:15 PM
Managed to borrow a friends box. Put the DK1.1 image on scanned and hey presto!!

Only difference is mine is an original and his a clone with the F type screw in connector.

Have tried on my original numerous times since and still no luck...must be a poor tuner.

I'm gonna get myself a new one.

Are all the new ones China clones as they're discontinued and does anyone know if the new Philips tuners they're using any good? Dont want to get one and end up in the same boat...

Cheers
Woody

faulks6164
22nd September, 2009, 06:22 PM
i found espn in cetic and rangers channels mate ! have you looked there