PDA

View Full Version : Help with Dreambox

jibbyy
28th September, 2016, 06:07 PM
Hi guys

I have a dreambox dm800 clone and have been working faultlessly for over 3 years.

The other day it wouldn't boot up and since then I can't get it to work.

I had a copy of enigma2 image so I tried to flash the dreambox through the browser, but once I press flash, the web browser screen goes blank and just stays there.

Have I bricked my dreambox?

And if I have, what is a good replacement?

thanks for any help :)

digicon
29th September, 2016, 11:40 AM
This thread may help you recover from a No CA error : http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/500258-TUTORIAL-How-to-solve-NO-CA-ERROR-on-your-DM-box

The Zgemma's are now very popular for the price and twice as fast as the old DM800

jibbyy
29th September, 2016, 12:26 PM
Thanks digicon.

I've seen the Zgemma for sale and wondered what it was like compared to the dm800.

Looks like I might get with the times and upgrade even if I do get my box working.

toysoft
2nd October, 2016, 06:23 PM
Check the 4 big capacitors, generally these are the only ones to change in hardware, you can see if there is a hill on top of one or more of them. Replace them all the 4 with good quality Rubycon 105?

TS

Hi guys

I have a dreambox dm800 clone and have been working faultlessly for over 3 years.

The other day it wouldn't boot up and since then I can't get it to work.

I had a copy of enigma2 image so I tried to flash the dreambox through the browser, but once I press flash, the web browser screen goes blank and just stays there.

Have I bricked my dreambox?

And if I have, what is a good replacement?

thanks for any help :)