PDA

View Full Version : EDC17C46 TPROT? OBD?

jyck
30th September, 2016, 05:14 PM
While I am waiting for my Galletto v54 to start the flashing process I am collecting info about the ECU of my car (Audi A4 B8 2013 2.0 TDI 143HP) which is a EDC17C46 0 281 018 375 03L 906 018 AC HW:H25 and I believe software which is coded in the label as 1039S55093. The first question I have is whether you know in advance if this ECU is TPROT (it should based on some messages but just to confirm) and whether a read of the flash and eeprom by OBD would brick it, if not, I will open it and use tricore boot, correct?

Thanks in advance for your help

daniel guerra
30th September, 2016, 05:15 PM
This is a tricky ECU... And yes it has TROPT

jyck
30th September, 2016, 05:29 PM
Thanks Daniel, yes, I heard that... any advice from your side to take into account?

4nubis
30th September, 2016, 11:30 PM
This is a tricky ECU... And yes it has TROPT

Why tricky?

kospoz
2nd October, 2016, 08:42 PM
Why tricky?
Because of tprot mate.edc17c46 until 2011 and maybe 2012 can be done with clone fg.but new one can not .search in forum there is thread about this ecu

4nubis
3rd October, 2016, 06:09 PM
Because of tprot mate.edc17c46 until 2011 and maybe 2012 can be done with clone fg.but new one can not .search in forum there is thread about this ecu

I asked because i did one with kess clone from mid. 2013.

jyck
3rd October, 2016, 08:04 PM

Thanks for the info kospoz, I will look for that thread and investigate deeper, in the meantime, I am trying to find a spare ecu to play with it and keep mine safe, but I am not able to find the same one (same code and motor code), my question is the following, what do I need to look for in the spare ecu to know that one is compatible with my car? would be enough with the motor code and ecu code except the last 2 letters (e.g. 03l906018JA vs 03L906018JB) . Also, even if this ecu is tricky, I imagine there is no risk to read the flash in boot mode (tricore) and then write the flash to the spare one, what do you think?

Many thanks in advance.

Dobermann
3rd October, 2016, 10:28 PM
this ecu is a little bit tricky thats true !

Info !

Normaly my Ktag can do this ecu without problem !! but ! had a car last saturday with newes Dealer update (vw passat CC from 2011)

in this new software VW changed TProt and Ktag did not support that ecu for now !

look here

4nubis
3rd October, 2016, 10:39 PM

Info !

Normaly my Ktag can do this ecu without problem !! but ! had a car last saturday with newes Dealer update (vw passat CC from 2011)

in this new software VW changed TProt and Ktag did not support that ecu for now !

look here

Wurde die neue Software aufgrund des Abgas-Skandals drauf gespielt?

New software because of the vw scandal?

Dobermann
3rd October, 2016, 10:59 PM
Wurde die neue Software aufgrund des Abgas-Skandals drauf gespielt?

New software because of the vw scandal?

yes so is it !

ja genau so ist es !

4nubis
3rd October, 2016, 11:30 PM
Thanks. So i will not do the update :). Did you test other ecus which get the update?

jyck
4th October, 2016, 06:08 PM

Info !

look here

Interesting, I was about to do the upgrade to this as my car is affected and I have been called to take it to the garage, if I get an spare ECU I will try and let you know...

About the other question:

Thanks for the info kospoz, I will look for that thread and investigate deeper, in the meantime, I am trying to find a spare ecu to play with it and keep mine safe, but I am not able to find the same one (same code and motor code), my question is the following, what do I need to look for in the spare ecu to know that one is compatible with my car? would be enough with the motor code and ecu code except the last 2 letters (e.g. 03l906018JA vs 03L906018JB) . Also, even if this ecu is tricky, I imagine there is no risk to read the flash in boot mode (tricore) and then write the flash to the spare one, what do you think?

Many thanks in advance.

Anyone has an idea??

Thanks!

smirnoff_rules
4th October, 2016, 06:48 PM

Info !

look here

did it not even read id ?
also we could do with a list of these software update numbers , will save some time in the coming years and these are sold again and new customers will not know if there updated

Pyromaniak
4th October, 2016, 07:06 PM
I think, you are on best way to brick you car :D This ecu is not best way to learn how to do making chiptuning. :chuncky:

Dobermann
4th October, 2016, 11:31 PM
did it not even read id ?
also we could do with a list of these software update numbers , will save some time in the coming years and these are sold again and new customers will not know if there updated

No ID only the error message like in the Pic - Micro Protection removal failed

daniel guerra
6th October, 2016, 07:39 PM
I think, you are on best way to brick you car :D This ecu is not best way to learn how to do making chiptuning. :chuncky:

i agree with it, this is not the best ECU to learn chip tuning, that's why i've said "this is a tricky ECU", yes, i probably could have had elaborate a little bit more.

jyck
9th October, 2016, 08:07 PM
i agree with it, this is not the best ECU to learn chip tuning, that's why i've said "this is a tricky ECU", yes, i probably could have had elaborate a little bit more.

Indeed, I prefer to "learn" with a spare ECU, I have found an ECU that could fit into my vehicle "2013 AUDI A4 2.0 Diesel Engine ECU 0281017372 03L906018JP (CJCB) 005", almost the same PN, same first 3 letters of the motor code (CJC) (which can be changed later using VCDS for example) and same HW ID (25). My idea is to start with this one, read it, try to write the flash/eep (to check my galletto is working fine), get the values needed to clone mine into this one and once that is done, try to read my ECU and clone it to the spare one.... that would be safe, what do you think?

Thanks!

Pyromaniak
10th October, 2016, 03:55 PM
Yes my friend, that would be safe... Try to read spare ecu, try to compare for data from anorther read (file from forum). Try write to spare ecu. If Works try to clone your ecu to spare... good luck :02.47-tranquillity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5a75JpM01k

jyck
10th October, 2016, 10:39 PM
Yes my friend, that would be safe... Try to read spare ecu, try to compare for data from anorther read (file from forum). Try write to spare ecu. If Works try to clone your ecu to spare... good luck :02.47-tranquillity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5a75JpM01k

Thanks @Pyronamiak, I will probably get that ECU and try to clone mine on it, my only doubt still is whether that one will be compatible... I hope it will. I'll let you know how that goes.

Thanks

daniel guerra
11th October, 2016, 12:35 AM
For sure on your spare ECU you'll need to do IMMO OFF, because the processor is OTP, and some IMMO data is on this OTP area. You'll have to work around this.

Sorry i haven't seen the video, if it says the same thing, disregard my post.

jyck
11th October, 2016, 01:33 PM
Thanks Daniel, yes, I will need to do IMMO OFF, also, I would like to try to clone completely and retrieve the PIN from my ECU and clone it to the new, do you know whether this is possible in these ECUs? I have seen some posts in the forum and it seems feasible... if someone can help me to retrieve the PIN of course :)

jyck
21st October, 2016, 11:56 PM
Hi all, finally I received my spare ECU and using my Chinese Galletto v54 reworked I have been able to read and write the ECU with no issues at all. I have been also able to clone my original unit to the new ECU, however it seems the TPROT OFF is not working fine, some DTC for IMMO OFF and Start-Stop not working (maybe because IMMO OFF?), but the car starts and I can ride perfectly :)