PDA

View Full Version : Scrambled when connected to sky , connect to phone hotspot ... works (openbox v8)

xtravious
30th September, 2016, 08:16 PM
hey guys ,

when i connect my openbox V8 to a phone hotspot it loads all channels fine , when i disconnect and connect to my sky internet all channels (except freeview) says scrambled

any suggestions?

cunny
30th September, 2016, 08:25 PM
hey guys ,

when i connect my openbox V8 to a phone hotspot it loads all channels fine , when i disconnect and connect to my sky internet all channels (except freeview) says scrambled

any suggestions?

Are other devices working when connected to the router? also try using a ethernet cable

Regards
Sherlock

xtravious
30th September, 2016, 08:27 PM
yeah got phone and PC connected wirelessly , tried connection through ethernet same problem im affraid :/ , also took it to a friends house who uses BT and it works fine just Sky internet is having none of it

cunny
30th September, 2016, 08:34 PM
Is DCHP turned on in network settings?

Or can you do a form of network test

xtravious
30th September, 2016, 08:38 PM
DCHP is on , and just done a network test and all speeds are high enough :/ so confused , the signal % is 99 on the openbox too

cunny
30th September, 2016, 08:46 PM
if bbc clears ok therre not a signal issue, there is a network issue. A network test should only test paramaters not speeds.

are you using a Wifi adapter? If so run an ethernet cable

xtravious
30th September, 2016, 09:58 PM
ran it through ethernet still no luck :/ and yeah wifi adapter but it picks up phone hot spot so it's not that

P&D
30th September, 2016, 10:51 PM
Could be the firewall setting on the route....go into the networks settings on the box see if you have an IP address ?

joe516
2nd October, 2016, 07:53 AM
ran it through ethernet still no luck :/ and yeah wifi adapter but it picks up phone hot spot so it's not that

r u back on? m8