PDA

View Full Version : bench power supply settings

smirnoff_rules
1st October, 2016, 08:55 AM
l just wondered what most of the tuners here set there volts and amps too
thought it would help others too

l use 13.8v 1amp and seems fine on most l. l read sid208 likes 14.1v , any other advise lads

the power supplied with clones is way to risky for me to use

gazvts
1st October, 2016, 09:03 AM
Normally keep mine set 13.8v 3a

Haven't done sid208 yet tho
fusion ps201adjt

any power adaptors supplied by chinks 1st stop bin

voltechcar
1st October, 2016, 09:16 AM
I read many post who write " when you read this, or this ecu you must 13,5v ". Sorry but I read many time sid 208, pcr, edc17cp xx and ect, I have 12,5v and never destroy and show error when i write/read ecu on the table. But I only use ori k-tag/kess, maybe china device its not perfect clone

Pyromaniak
1st October, 2016, 09:57 AM
I use a smal motobatery for bench read :D

daniel guerra
1st October, 2016, 11:32 AM
I use a bench power supply and normally use 12,5v and never had any issue.

Check this page, if you like DIY's, you've plenty herehttp://circuit-zone.com/?cat=power_supplies.ii

Jan1980
2nd October, 2016, 10:10 AM
I use a power suppy with 13,8 volts, maximum 8 ampere. It works fine. Voltcraft FSP1138.

jnoroeste
2nd October, 2016, 11:36 PM
Hi,
The most important thing is to work over 12v, I always working with 13.5 too and here is the trick, too many new ecus needs a stable current over 3-4 amps, small adapters will make drop the voltage and this will make fail the ecu.
Regards.

morgano
3rd October, 2016, 08:42 AM
I use a smal motobatery for bench read :D

Me too, that is the most stable voltage supplier for the job, but lacks shortcircuit protection, if you make a short it fries all it gets ahead.

PremierD
3rd October, 2016, 08:49 AM
Posted this several times ... its not volts it needs, its amps ... power your unit using a charged 12v car battery .

CustomCars
3rd October, 2016, 09:15 AM
Most urgent in work like that should be short protection, it can protect ecu in many fast situation where we make mistake.
Ex i most time edc17 connect from head, and one time vag i connect crossed in power supply :) Ecu was not broken.
I don't recommend use any battery to power supply because after that we don't have any fuse or short protection, ecu can burn.

Stabilized laboratory power supply is priority. Most case 12,8V and 2A limit is enough. If no needed don't set more Amperage limit..

gazvts
3rd October, 2016, 10:17 AM
I read many post who write " when you read this, or this ecu you must 13,5v ". Sorry but I read many time sid 208, pcr, edc17cp xx and ect, I have 12,5v and never destroy and show error when i write/read ecu on the table. But I only use ori k-tag/kess, maybe china device its not perfect clone
I to have both genuine wall power supplies from alientech & dimsport trasdata but seems this thread is going to come to conclusion personal preferences what others prefer to use

PremierD
3rd October, 2016, 11:09 AM
Correct .... I have various variable power supplies with current prot.. so its down to what works for you I guess. (battery works for me ) ... lol

Pyromaniak
3rd October, 2016, 12:02 PM
Me too, that is the most stable voltage supplier for the job, but lacks shortcircuit protection, if you make a short it fries all it gets ahead.

I every double check conections and polarity. Short protection is good, but must be min 2 amps. 1 amp is a litle for wake up and this may be a most error for reading ecu. I use baterry because i have only 1 amp stabilized suply...