PDA

View Full Version : got my open media but can t get internect plz help

zizobouta
10th September, 2009, 11:17 AM
hi all,
i got my open media yesday. i put dk 1.1 for cable but nothing is working and can t find emus and newcamd. and put nabilosat max rar on for sat but when i click on addon manager it says error communication check your network...
i have vixta pc and netgear wireless router. my pc has internet wirelessly with 192.168.1.1 ip. i put this in gatway of open media saved but it didnt work. i didn t conecct router to om with a cable cos i router is wireless so om should work wirelessly for internet or am i wrong? i don t know how to dhp on router or pc. what am i doing wrong? plz help. thanks

billy2
10th September, 2009, 11:28 AM
have a read of this m8, Open Media is the same box as a dream 500

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/guide-connecting-your-dreambox-internet-175/

zizobouta
10th September, 2009, 11:45 AM
thanks billy 2 i have read that but still having problems. i need some expert to tell me if it is essential to connect om with router with a cable even if router is wireless ? plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

billy2
10th September, 2009, 12:30 PM
yes m8 you need to go to the router with a cable this wokes best , well for me it did

mickydibble
10th September, 2009, 01:04 PM
Yes you need cable,as the box itself doesn't have wireless capabilities

zizobouta
10th September, 2009, 02:16 PM
ok then ill do that. ill put router ip which is 192.168.1.1 into d gatway of open media save and reboot. also dhcp is enabled on my router so i enable on open media too ignore the rest and save and reboot ,right? thanks guys for every little help