PDA

View Full Version : A4 1.9 tdi AFN on ecu said 98year remap

mccloud90
1st October, 2016, 03:20 PM
Hi. Today i opened my ecu and it is 038906018S . inside i found both eproms that i need to tune. They are labeled bosch 1037356817 HHH721 and the other 1037356816 LLL721. What programer should i buy? What socket should i buy and what are the replaceable eproms that i should buy? Can you give me some tutorial about how to solder and desolder them? Thanks!!!!

dominik.m
1st October, 2016, 04:27 PM
You need any programmer witch can read and wrtite 27c1001

dominik.m
1st October, 2016, 04:30 PM
Of course You need new flash like 29f010

Pyromaniak
1st October, 2016, 07:47 PM
and two socket plcc32 smd mounting :D and if you dont have plcc pliers, buy it too :chuncky:

mccloud90
1st October, 2016, 07:51 PM
thanks for that. what i need to solder and desolder the eprom on the ecu? can i do it without station? if not i will search someone in my city to do it for me. i will go and buy programmer on monday.
And one more question... today i tried to read audi a4 3.0tdi 2004 204hp with kess but wake up error occured. i found that this is because ecu is locked? can i do it with kess tricore or i should read it with ktag? edc16cp34 i think. Any help? thanks!

Pyromaniak
1st October, 2016, 07:51 PM
good programmer for me ist tl866cs work fine, but 95080 read bad. They can read over 13000 files, good price an lot sockets maybe 20, many zif. But willem can do it too.

Pyromaniak
1st October, 2016, 07:55 PM
thanks for that. what i need to solder and desolder the eprom on the ecu? can i do it without station? if not i will search someone in my city to do it for me. i will go and buy programmer on monday.
And one more question... today i tried to read audi a4 3.0tdi 2004 204hp with kess but wake up error occured. i found that this is because ecu is locked? can i do it with kess tricore or i should read it with ktag? edc16cp34 i think. Any help? thanks!

Many ecu s do with clasic bdm100, full backup read... cloning ecus. This going on the table (bench) no need soldering.

Pyromaniak
1st October, 2016, 08:00 PM

If you dont have soldering station with hot air and micro solder, try to help someone who have this... if you have low experience with soldering, car can do stop for bad soldering...

mccloud90
1st October, 2016, 08:05 PM
i havent got bdm100, i have only kess with tricore and ktag tools. That is all i have for now. I will buy more, but first i need to start understanding basics in tuning. I am real noob for now, but i will do all from myself to become good at what i do.

Pyromaniak
1st October, 2016, 09:20 PM
i havent got bdm100, i have only kess with tricore and ktag tools. That is all i have for now. I will buy more, but first i need to start understanding basics in tuning. I am real noob for now, but i will do all from myself to become good at what i do.

how you to try it with kess? in car (obd) or on bench?

mccloud90
1st October, 2016, 09:40 PM
Obd. I dont have pictures about tricore in kess. I will have to do it with ktag? Is rhis normal? I am warried if my kess is damaged or not because this is my first try on a car and error :D

Pyromaniak
1st October, 2016, 10:05 PM
Obd. I dont have pictures about tricore in kess. I will have to do it with ktag? Is rhis normal? I am warried if my kess is damaged or not because this is my first try on a car and error :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvLglYQpZrk hawe you chose right model of ecu? i think edc16 havent tricore bootmode....:chuncky:

mccloud90
1st October, 2016, 10:20 PM
maybe edc16 dont have kess tricore mode because all the help instruction i can find are for edc17. so i will have to do it with ktag tomorrow. I already watched that youtube video. I formated my sd card and inserted the files again. preinstalled ksuite... but still the same error. i still dont have the knowleage to solder that chip.
can the ecu be locked some how not to be able to be read over obd? thanks

Pyromaniak
1st October, 2016, 10:37 PM
i have one edc15 locked for obd read, this ecu is chiptuned by someone and he change number of ecu to name his company. My mpps dont read, while ecu has bad number :) standard ecu edc15 and 16 are not locked... you must be a careful to make a checksum. If you dont make it, car starts only once or nothing.

Pyromaniak
1st October, 2016, 10:42 PM
They are many ecus and every once is different, someone do by obd, someone by bdm, someone must soldering, its still some learning every day :D

mccloud90
1st October, 2016, 10:45 PM
i will do a kess on the bench method tomorrow and will see what will happen. When i have the file i will write you here for further information :)

Pyromaniak
1st October, 2016, 10:51 PM
be a carefull to choose right ecu and right pinout and double check, if everithing is ok... if you dont know what ecu you have, write a number of ecu to google

jack1
13th October, 2016, 11:07 PM
blow lamp, or soldering torch flame will help to remove chips from board on your early ecu, and as said before a good fine soldering iron,decent solder, sockets also but buy good quality ones , cheap ones will break your heart while tuning taking them in and out trying to get them to seat properly each time.
I personally now get rid of the old Msa15 ecu and use EDC15 ecu and covert the loom to take it ,that way your tuning can be done easier by obd using your Kess :)

Tobsn
29th November, 2023, 04:56 AM
Hello,
I've a Audi A4 B5, 1.9 TDI AFN (110) from 1998.
I've rebuilt my engine 2 months ago. The car has driven 2000 km.
Now I think it's time for more power.
My components:
-GTB 2260vk turbocharger
-0,260 nozzles
-12 mm Pump
-RSR 260 camshaft
-Darkside Downpipe (no kat)
-delete AGR
-Darkside intercooler (only on the left side, no Fm because i like the original look)

Is the modified file ok?
I send two files, org and mod.

Thanks in advance,
regards Tobi