PDA

View Full Version : Difference boot tricore (flash)/ irom ?

CARPARTS
5th October, 2016, 08:47 PM
Hi

When i read for example BMW 2009 /EDC17 by OBDII, i can read flash (with CMD/Flashtec)
When i read the ECU on desk by BOOT mode, i also read flash (with little extra data, comparing to the OBDII file)

CMD stores automatically a compressed file as a back-up

When i "expand" this back-up with the back-up manager, i can save IROM1 / EEPROM1 / EEPROM2

Question : i do not see the flash data-into the IROM-data. Whats the difference between flash and irom then ?
why CMD does not make back up from flash and what use has the IROM for tuning ?

Thx for any info....

RFRemotes
6th October, 2016, 03:53 PM
Which is your TriCore MCU? In case it is TC1766 - it consists of three nonvolatile memory regions:
16 KB BROM, 1504 KB Pflash, 32 KB DFlash. Try if these sizes can tell you how CMD interprets the different memories.
IROM should not be engaged with tuning. Check if there is external serial memory, this will explain why there are EEPROM1 / EEPROM2 - suppose one internal and one external?

CARPARTS
8th October, 2016, 11:55 AM
Its a TC1766

There are NO external eeprom(s)
EEPROM1 has relevant data
EEPROM2 is always full of "00"

In which part of the 3 regions are the relevant maps for tuning ? BROM, P Flash or D Flash ?

kingarthas
8th October, 2016, 01:19 PM
:)))

Data Flash DFLASH is used for EEPROM

Program Flash PFLASH is used for rest car calibration maps

Boot ROM self explanatory

RFRemotes
10th October, 2016, 08:28 AM
Exactly as kingartas says. And for EEPROM1/2 - always one of them is empty, they are switched as ping-pong buffers when EEprom data has to be rewritten.
At some point only one half is filled with relevant data.