PDA

View Full Version : Moving from Vu solo2 to What Combo Box?

saayinla
6th October, 2016, 05:01 PM
Hi All,

Am sure a few people have asked this question over and over.

I am a die-hard VIX image fan and refuses to use anything else. I recently disposed off my Vu Solo 2 and looking for a Cable and Satellite Combo box as a replacement. Would love the stability of the same but not necessarily of Vu origin. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

I do not want to buy the Zgemma range of Boxes.

Thanks in advance.

martin035
6th October, 2016, 05:33 PM
I do not want to buy the Zgemma range of Boxes.

Well, as a die hard Vix fan that kinda rules a Zgemma anyway as the vix team have stop the plugin feeds for the 'XP1000' series of receivers which according to them were been abused by clone boxes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Have a look at the Edision OS mini+

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision/edision-os-mini-plus

saayinla
6th October, 2016, 06:01 PM
Well, as a die hard Vix fan that kinda rules a Zgemma anyway as the vix team have stop the plugin feeds for the 'XP1000' series of receivers which according to them were been abused by clone boxes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Have a look at the Edision OS mini+

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision/edision-os-mini-plus
Many thanks for the swift response. I had a look but it seems I can only connect one feed into the box but not both at the same time. I have satellite feed and also V media feed and am looking to feed both into the box at the same time.

Will this do that or am I reading it wrongly.

Thanks once again

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

martin035
6th October, 2016, 06:13 PM
I think you're reading it wrong, from the above link;

EDISION OS MINI+ HAS A BRAND NEW TYPE OF SINGLE TUNER. IT CAN BE USED FOR EITHER DVB-S/S2, DVB-T/T2 OR DVB-C. CONNECT BOTH SATELLITE AND TERRESTRIAL FEEDS OR BOTH SATELLITE AND CABLE FEEDS. TUNER CAN BE SET TO DVB-S2 BUT DUE TO THE TUNER TYPE ITS POSSIBLE TO SCAN BOTH SIGNAL TYPES (via AutobouquetsMaker, Terrestrial Scan or Satellite scan). IT'S THEN POSSIBLE TO SWITCH BETWEEN SATELLITE AND TERRESTRIAL/ CABLE CHANNELS THROUGH CHANNEL LIST WITHOUT CHANGING TUNER SETTINGS.

The way I read it, is you can connect both sat and cable feeds, then scan one then the other but not both at the same time, then access all sat and cable channel via the bouquets made by ABM

Forgot to say but I remember digicon a mod on this forum stating this box is capable of playing HEVC/H.265 media which is whats 4k broadcasts in, so it has a bit of future proofing aswell.

You could always just get the older Edision OS mini which is still a good box with the same specs as a Zgemma H2s but better build quality and fully supported by Vix

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision/Edision-os-mini-combo-dvb-c-t-t2-dvb-s-s2

P&D
6th October, 2016, 06:53 PM
Might be a bit late but why not look into buying a USB tuner for the solo ?
had one 8 months runs like clock work

What I think of the Edision........http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/524971-Meelo-SE-cable-tuner?p=2758151&viewfull=1#post2758151

martin035
6th October, 2016, 07:02 PM
Might be a bit late

never to late for good advice.

saayinla
6th October, 2016, 07:29 PM
I think you're reading it wrong, from the above link;

EDISION OS MINI+ HAS A BRAND NEW TYPE OF SINGLE TUNER. IT CAN BE USED FOR EITHER DVB-S/S2, DVB-T/T2 OR DVB-C. CONNECT BOTH SATELLITE AND TERRESTRIAL FEEDS OR BOTH SATELLITE AND CABLE FEEDS. TUNER CAN BE SET TO DVB-S2 BUT DUE TO THE TUNER TYPE ITS POSSIBLE TO SCAN BOTH SIGNAL TYPES (via AutobouquetsMaker, Terrestrial Scan or Satellite scan). IT'S THEN POSSIBLE TO SWITCH BETWEEN SATELLITE AND TERRESTRIAL/ CABLE CHANNELS THROUGH CHANNEL LIST WITHOUT CHANGING TUNER SETTINGS.

The way I read it, is you can connect both sat and cable feeds, then scan one then the other but not both at the same time, then access all sat and cable channel via the bouquets made by ABM

Forgot to say but I remember digicon a mod on this forum stating this box is capable of playing HEVC/H.265 media which is whats 4k broadcasts in, so it has a bit of future proofing aswell.

You could always just get the older Edision OS mini which is still a good box with the same specs as a Zgemma H2s but better build quality and fully supported by Vix

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Edision/Edision-os-mini-combo-dvb-c-t-t2-dvb-s-s2

You mentioned Edision OS MINIPlus the specs on the plus suggests you can only connect one at a time but not both however the link you quoted above is for the Edision OS MINI not the plus version which seems to have both connection at the back and also the description for the plus is as shown below:

SPECIFICATIONS OS MINI + DVB-S2 / T2 / C

- Type: DVB-S2 Digital Combo Receiver E2 Linux Full HD
- 1 x Tuner DVB-S2 / T2 / C while the description for the non plus box says:

SPECIFICATIONS OS mini S2 + T2 / C

- Type: Combo DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 / C Digitater Satellite, Terrestrial and Cable Receiver E2 Linux Full HD
- 1 x Tuner DVB-S2
- 1 x Tuner DVB-T2 / C clearly listing 2 seperate tuners.

Maybe I am still the confused.

Might be a bit late but why not look into buying a USB tuner for the solo ?
had one 8 months runs like clock work

What I think of the Edision........http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/524971-Meelo-SE-cable-tuner?p=2758151&viewfull=1#post2758151

Actually not too late, I can get it back from the buyer who happens to be a friend, I wanted to go down this route but everyone recommended the sundtek usb tuner even over the Vu+ turbo usb one but I couldnt stomach paying ?70+ just for the tuner alone hence.

saayinla
6th October, 2016, 07:32 PM
never to late for good advice.

Do you have any experience of the VU+ USb cable tuner? I am happy to go down this route also.

P&D
6th October, 2016, 07:47 PM
Do you have any experience of the VU+ USb cable tuner? I am happy to go down this route also.

Yes as I say used one for the past 7 months they are great......no picture breakup or anything

only ?49 on fleabay why lose the speed of the Solo 2 ?

martin035
6th October, 2016, 08:00 PM
Maybe I am still the confused.

- 1 x Tuner DVB-S2 / T2 / C

S2= Satellite
T2= Freeveiw
C= Cable

So one tuner that;
1. Inputs for satellite and cable which can be connected at the same time
2. Will display either satellite or cable TV
3. Can't do both at the same time, so no record one watch another channel
4. The Initial Autobouquetsmaker channel scan has to be do individually ie you scan satellite then you scan cable

The second link i provided was for you to see what specs the Older Edision OS mini has, as you might have been happier, less confused getting the 2 tuner version.

TBH the cheapest option is to do as P&D states and get a USB cable tuner for your solo

saayinla
6th October, 2016, 08:36 PM
- 1 x Tuner DVB-S2 / T2 / C

S2= Satellite
T2= Freeveiw
C= Cable

So one tuner that;
1. Inputs for satellite and cable which can be connected at the same time
2. Will display either satellite or cable TV
3. Can't do both at the same time, so no record one watch another channel
4. The Initial Autobouquetsmaker channel scan has to be do individually ie you scan satellite then you scan cable

The second link i provided was for you to see what specs the Older Edision OS mini has, as you might have been happier, less confused getting the 2 tuner version.

TBH the cheapest option is to do as P&D states and get a USB cable tuner for your solo

Many thanks guys, ordered the Vu+ USb tuner. Any pointers on where to read while waiting for the tuner to turn up. Net ID and Config files etc.