PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE IF POSSIBLE

theflash
7th October, 2016, 12:48 AM
Hi all the other night me and a fellow mapper were having a discussion about files and software tomake files all sorts.
He turns to me and says how do you get your maps,i say i buy the files of a programmer on facebook.
He said i get mine on a disc of a mate who makes and tests tuned files,for galletto , mpps ,kwp2000 ,magpro2 and said
to me id do you a copy if you knew what to do with it,i said i do know how to use one ive borrowed a disc a few times.
tonight i was called out to map a golf tdi mk5 and a ford focus mk2 2006 2.0i at a weekly car meet held in blackpool.
When i get there its only the tuner lad and his mate and he says,instead of reading sending to facebook etc use this disc..
luckily for me my kess clone printer to usb connection is faulty due to my mrs wrapping the cable round the module and so i couldnt use my set up and said ill do it on saturday.
I cant believe this lad is testing me...i say lucky for me because i have got home put the discs he gave me into my laptop and i havnt go a clue what im doing,,

theres bin files and other files theres sodtware for mapping modules theres all sorts,i thought it would be a disc full of tuned files that i get sent by the programmer i use,
also i cant se any kess v2... but are kess files called galletto ,mpps kwp2000 magpro,

im sure a kess file is a galletto or is it..

so i ask someone or lots of you how the hell do i use this disc on sunday.. apparently i dont need any of the software as i can use my kess v2 module and software to use the disc but what file am i looking for.ill take some screen shots of this disc structure as in the files folder it looks a right mess.

cheers all

theflash
7th October, 2016, 01:01 AM
on the first disc theres 3 folders 402224

click on top one i get all models of car from audi to vw and as i want a vw tuned file for a mk5 golf 2.0tdi 2006 i click vw 402229

and i get this 402230 or theres another vw file and i get this 402231 where in there is a kess v2 tuned file for a golf mk5 2006 tdi ive clicked on a few and it says origianl file required others want me to instal software for other modules why didnt the bloke that made this disc just put a folder in with mk5 golf then inside that all the files for petrol and diesel versions of mk5 golfs,it seems the bloke was either lazy or knew where every file was he needed... myself i think the lazy one is probabily the correct reason... i wouldnt normally use a disc tbh, but this lad wants me to use his disc to map his car,to prove some kind of reason of his own that he can use a disc rather than pay for map files,but it be good to see his reaction if i could use the disc,but for all i know the disc is set up so i dont do it or set up for his liking of scruffiness i dunno.if you can help me figure it out with some sort of explanation for me to understand and work it out it be a huge help to a forum member in need hahaha....

theflash
7th October, 2016, 01:37 AM
as the lad has kindly given me his read file for the golf and focus it be great if someone could send me tuned files for a 2006 vw golf tdi and also a ford focus 2.0i 2005 if you need the original files i can send them you through email facebook etc , if all else fails ill just buy the tuned files and add them to the disc there only ?20 quid each to be honest is it worth the headache for anyone on here trying to figure out these discs, then having to explain it to me when i can just pay ?20 a file fair enough ill loose the money, but if its to complicated for someone to work out thats the plan cheers all for any help

Meat-Head
7th October, 2016, 01:40 PM
Welcome to DK the worlds bestwebsite
best to avoid files, you found, no idea what they are & damage can cause!

like wise how many times do you see something on tv "Antuques Junk Show"
and not know the true value of something!