PDA

View Full Version : how to i flash an image using my router?

w31
10th September, 2009, 07:36 PM
hi

I am tryin to flash an image, as i dont have the null cable I want to flash an image onto my dreambox via the router way but i am not sure how to do this.

where do i flash the image onto?

i have put in the new scce files into the 'scce' folder. Do I do the same with the keys? by delete all the files in the 'key folder' and putting in the new ones?

can someone help me?

westkill
10th September, 2009, 07:46 PM
what dreambox you got m8 :)
and
what channels are you trying to open with keys.

w31
10th September, 2009, 07:48 PM
got the DM500C.
Trying to get all channels

please help. How to I flash the image to my dreambox via router?

just noticed i am in wrong section as im on cable...ignore this post

beer55
13th September, 2009, 03:14 PM
As far as I now, for the DM 7025; Connect your set onto your LANetwork, open a browser on your pc; type in the adressbox: http:// 168.192.1.* as for the * any number between 0 and 9 (corresponding with the IP number your Dreambox is given) remember this number!

If you switch off the dreambox and switch it on (with the main switch on the rear) whilst hold pressing the on/off button on the front, the startup loop will be interrupted and the assigned IP number is shown at the screen on the front of your set.

For making any changes in your Dreambox files you can use any FTP program such as WS_FTP. Simply add the IP number and password ( often 'root' or "dream") and you're able to browse, add, delete, or whatever do anything on your Dreambox.

For flashing an image however is this NOT the proper manner.
Depending the type of your Dreambox it is possible or not to flash without using a cable. With the DM 7025 flashing is easy by LAN with pc. From other models I'm not sure.

Excuse for my poor English but I can't do any better.