PDA

View Full Version : re programming Delphi 6 ECU

lord charles
10th September, 2009, 08:17 PM
I have been trying to suss out what is causing the problems with a C3 Citroen.
I keep getting an Electronic Stability Programme alarm on dashboard and the car runs slightly noisier and when I go into diagnose it states - ABS remote permanant fault caused by another ECU.
Also no 2 injector flags up a fault exactly the instant this ESP alarm flags up. the injector fault shows : intermittant fault injection system supply relay circuit stuck or occasional cut off.

I read somewhere that on a VW Golf with ESP , when lamp illuminated on dash the car would not run properly and this was caused by the MAIN ECU ??
Could this be the case with the citroen ?

I have found another Delphi 6 ECU (same psa codes as this one)- but the guy didnt know whether they can be re programmed to another car.
Any body here know if the Delphi 6 ECU fitted to citroen HDI can be fitted onto another car and re programmed.
SEEM TO BE AT AN IMPASS ON THIS ONE , SPENT ALL DAY ON IT CLEANING TERMINALS EARTHS etc

Also noted that a persistant fault came up on history of faults . VEHICLE SPEED INFO - INCORRECT VALUE RECIEVED.

without drawings of wiring I dont know for sure which ECU has ESP and Injector control command - eg does the ESP fault cause the no 2 injector fault as it always happens in tandem - or is it an intermittant fault with the main ECU causing the ESP and no 2 Injector to fault.

I know I am asking a lot - but anyone else come across this scenario before ??
Anyone reprogrammed a delphi 6 ecu OFF ANOTHER CAR BEFORE.
Thanks for your patience guys :giveup: