PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new isp

androidtvuk
14th October, 2016, 10:59 AM
so i'm going to ditch sky and get a new isp. The sky fibre i have atm, works well, but the constant web blocking annoys me and the need to be using the supplied router is a pain, So i'm thinking i need to be with one of the smaller isp's thats not got orders to block the torrent / streaming sites, also I'm looking for unlimted package, does anyone have experience with these smaller isps? Can you reccomend any?

GastonJ
14th October, 2016, 11:11 AM
I would think that the only way they know you have their router is from teh MAC address. Most routers on the market, that I've used, will allow you to change the MAC address of the router to match that of your sky router, so you can use a non sky router.

I'm sure someone will recommend an ISP, since I have no choice of ISP's in my city so have never experienced even BT as an ISP, sorry. Though the larger ISP's all have to web block, so you may find teh same issue wherever you go.

ancilenet
1st November, 2016, 11:46 PM
Depending on your budget I'd try Zen, https://www.zen.co.uk/

Staff at my work use them and never have problems... especially when for example the rest of BT is offline! :)

-Stu