PDA

View Full Version : Sony unveils 16GB Memory Stick Pro Duo

janobi
18th March, 2008, 06:47 AM
Sony Australia have revealed a new 16GB Memory Stick Pro Duo. It will be available in Australia from March 2008 with an RRP of $479.95 AUD.

quote:

Sony Australia's Product Manager for Retail Media, Maurice Satya said, "Sony continues to develop higher memory capacity media to meet the increasing needs of our customers. With the launch of the 16GB Memory Stick PRO Duo, Sony strives to make the storing and sharing of high-definition content more convenient and effortless than before."

The Memory stick PRO format has the added Mark2 certification to designate AVCHD recording support. Memory stick PRO media products with this logo meet the standard for higher writing speeds, and are certified to operate with recording products that use the AVCHD format, the company says.

Also revealed by me. These are available in Japan at a retail price of ?180.

News Source: smarthouse.com.au

JTH
18th March, 2008, 09:43 PM
a spot of shop lifting instead of shirtlifting while there would be nice m8 pmsl

janobi
19th March, 2008, 07:37 AM
a spot of shop lifting instead of shirtlifting while there would be nice m8 pmsl

I only lift your shirt John, and you said you liked it. lol

rommy667
9th April, 2008, 12:58 AM
Dam just got my 8 gig lol now i want one of these bad boys...........

janobi
9th April, 2008, 08:28 AM
Dam just got my 8 gig lol now i want one of these bad boys...........

Will be at least a year before they are released over here mate. So enjoy the 8gb for now.

jamesp1
17th April, 2008, 10:48 PM
Got to get one of those

kintekke
30th April, 2008, 09:36 AM
Will this work on the Psp ok....Just thought cos with the psp file system being fat 32 ...will it support files bigger than 4gb??
Seem to remember somewhere on another forum that one peep had a 8gb card but when he loaded games he could only see so many of the games and not the whole of the card...ie the full 8gb.

Thought these super big storage cards were mainly aimed at the sony cameras??

janobi
4th May, 2008, 10:19 AM
Will this work on the Psp ok....Just thought cos with the psp file system being fat 32 ...will it support files bigger than 4gb??
Seem to remember somewhere on another forum that one peep had a 8gb card but when he loaded games he could only see so many of the games and not the whole of the card...ie the full 8gb.

Thought these super big storage cards were mainly aimed at the sony cameras??

Yes this will work fine with a psp. But I think it requires a FW update. I know the 8gb did.

kintekke
7th May, 2008, 12:08 PM
When you say firmware update i presume 3.90m33 won't work it then ...that is until DarkAlex and his pals bring out a update....
My thought on this is mainly because why would Sony bring out a card of this size for use on the psps when it is obvious that they are for playing games and not storage of music etc:-

janobi
8th May, 2008, 07:09 PM
When you say firmware update i presume 3.90m33 won't work it then ...that is until DarkAlex and his pals bring out a update....
My thought on this is mainly because why would Sony bring out a card of this size for use on the psps when it is obvious that they are for playing games and not storage of music etc:-

No I think the latest CFW will work fine. I just remember that the 8gb ones wouldnt work until sony done something.

As for the storage, I dont think they are specifically designed for the PSP, more for cameras and such. But as they are pro duo' we can use them in the PSP.

The Noan
25th May, 2008, 08:45 AM
i have trouble filling up my 4 gb with games i will actually play. 8 and 16 gb cards are out of the question for me. i guess it wouldnt be so bad for cameras but that price is insane.

pmc65
14th June, 2008, 08:33 PM
:)with that sort of storage you wont need to compromise between games and video

freck
27th July, 2008, 09:57 PM
400+ dollars for a memory card is a bit steep innit,I got an 8 gig from dealextreme for 35 dollars and it does my psp fine.I'd have 80 gigs on 10 cards for the price of sony's 1.Now thats a lot of games to be playin:itsme:

Hamn
9th October, 2008, 03:18 PM
Way to Expensive and 16gb is to much for a PSP

minzinho
19th November, 2008, 01:05 PM
16gb would be perfect for PSP. Games i play on PSP tend to be between 800mb and 1.6gb so a 4gb or 8gb just dont hold enough games and films, cant wait for the 16gb cards to fall off the back of the lorry! :devil:

Tijj
24th November, 2008, 04:41 AM
im just going to wait until the 32gb one comes out:rofl:

mm009b
24th November, 2008, 04:54 AM
ok guys not realy my seen but would a memory stick pro duo
not do same job and just put a sdhc card in they are a lot cheeperanyway cheers guys