PDA

View Full Version : What tool to R/W Siemens SID201?

Finguy
28th October, 2016, 09:39 PM
Hi to all.
Have been searching for good chip tooning tool for my ECU. Car is PSA, Citroen C5 2.7HDI with Siemens SID201. Have to get DPF and EGR off. I have Lexia for faults etc.

Lot of contradictory info on what tool to buy that is able to read and write data.
Was thinking of V54 FGTech Galletto 4 Master, can someone with same ECU to confirm if this can be used to R/W? It seems read is via BDM and write via OBD?

Noob here asking basic questions :D

gitko
28th October, 2016, 09:55 PM
For read and write use ABRITES

pulsar2000
28th October, 2016, 10:00 PM
Hi to all.
Have been searching for good chip tooning tool for my ECU. Car is PSA, Citroen C5 2.7HDI with Siemens SID201. Have to get DPF and EGR off. I have Lexia for faults etc.

Lot of contradictory info on what tool to buy that is able to read and write data.
Was thinking of V54 FGTech Galletto 4 Master, can someone with same ECU to confirm if this can be used to R/W? It seems read is via BDM and write via OBD?

Noob here asking basic questions :D

Kess V2 Write only, what the man says ABRITES !!

Jerry523
29th October, 2016, 07:26 AM
I have found this Siemens SID201 at MPPS V18 supprted list

pulsar2000
29th October, 2016, 09:13 AM
Can, No K line,,,

So dont think work Citroen,

wronapl
29th October, 2016, 09:28 AM
Galleto v53 or Ktag do this via bdm, kess dont read this ecu via obd only write.

Babos
29th October, 2016, 01:14 PM
My option for you is buy i/o terminal basic
That tool can read and write FULL via OBD it is very good!

Finguy
29th October, 2016, 01:17 PM
So it seems Abrites and I/O Terminal can read and write via OBD but just for little flashing, plugins for those are a bit pricy.

Galletto V54 and Ktag can read only via BDM and both can write through OBD. Price for these are more suitable but requires bit more manual labor.

Have to think about this a bit, with Abrites and I/O I could MAYBE do some work for customers in future without removing ECU IF I get a hang of this... And that's a big if. :D

yugo45
29th October, 2016, 04:01 PM
So it seems Abrites and I/O Terminal can read and write via OBD but just for little flashing, plugins for those are a bit pricy.

Galletto V54 and Ktag can read only via BDM and both can write through OBD. Price for these are more suitable but requires bit more manual labor.

Have to think about this a bit, with Abrites and I/O I could MAYBE do some work for customers in future without removing ECU IF I get a hang of this... And that's a big if. :D
This is my suggestion to you,
If you doing ECU first time , I would always read BDM, this way you are safe and have back up. After this you can see what happens via OBD .
Sometimes via OBD it does not read or write good, then after that you are in position" please I need HELP, i bricked ECU ".
Need to find ECU files, or ECU ,program immobilizer and etc. So this is 10X more job then pull ECU out and read BDM.

Finguy
29th October, 2016, 04:06 PM
This is my suggestion to you,
If you doing ECU first time , I would always read BDM, this way you are safe and have back up. After this you can see what happens via OBD .
Sometimes via OBD it does not read or write good, then after that you are in position" please I need HELP, i bricked ECU ".
Need to find ECU files, or ECU ,program immobilizer and etc. So this is 10X more job then pull ECU out and read BDM.

Thank you very much, good advice. Is this what you useually do when flashing cusromers ECU, read via BDM first?

gitko
29th October, 2016, 04:35 PM
If you buy Abrites you can read like you read on BDM this ecu no problem

yugo45
29th October, 2016, 04:52 PM
Thank you very much, good advice. Is this what you useually do when flashing cusromers ECU, read via BDM first?

Yes , that what I do.

Finguy
29th October, 2016, 09:49 PM
If you buy Abrites you can read like you read on BDM this ecu no problem

Abrites seems to be very good for this but I think I have to pass that one just because it costs too much (over 800 just fot the interface + very pricy plugin) and wasn't thinking of starting to sell any kind of flashing just yet. Don't feel comfortable braking some strangers car just yet ;D

Finguy
29th October, 2016, 10:17 PM
Can, No K line,,,

So dont think work Citroen,

I/O Terminal also uses CAN for PSA SID201. Are you saying it doesn't work ether?

pulsar2000
30th October, 2016, 09:53 AM
I/O Terminal also uses CAN for PSA SID201. Are you saying it doesn't work ether?

No sure, I havent got tool, strange as mpps would list this Car if tool could make, so assume K line not CAN ? but then i have neither tool so cant say, i would just BDM this ecu, so much easier / safer.

esse
30th October, 2016, 04:43 PM
Hi
I have I/o terminal and work fine with sid201 test many time
Br