PDA

View Full Version : Scirocco Dashboard/cluster NEC +24c64 VIN mod

purepower
29th October, 2016, 10:23 AM
Hi to all,

I'm new on this forum and I hope someone here can help me to fix a problem on my dashboard.
I'm doing some modification on my VW Scirocco and to complete these kind of mods, I've to change the VIN on the dashboard.

I've read the eeprom from the cluster (attached) but the file I think is encrypted. I read a lot of things on the web and as far as I understood the best programs that can do that is UHDS X-CAN.
I don't have this software and no one closed to my area have it. I need to change the VIN with the following (WVWZZZ1KZAW415600) and to calculate the checksum otherwise the cluster will not work.

I hope someone here is able to do that. I can even pay because I have the car not operational. Is missing only that small thing.

Thank you in advance 406913

amigokola
29th October, 2016, 04:07 PM
Only OBD I think. SMOK, VVDI2, AVDI, Supervag.com, Smelecom, Enigma............

H2Deetoo
29th October, 2016, 06:03 PM
What you need to do is to write complete immo (not only VIN but also some other numbers like CS, MAC ..) to your new cluster.
You can only do that by OBD with the appropriate tools.
And of course you need to know your original immo data, which is most easily read from your original cluster, otherwise you can read it (partially) from your engine ecu.

purepower
30th October, 2016, 03:59 AM
Thanks for your answer.

In this case I have to keep everything as original except the VIN (for a mod on the car). I can read and write the NEC eeprom but it's quite hard to modify the bin file because is encrypted.

So, there aren't other ways without SMOK etc to do that?

I'm trying to search even a clone tool but is quite hard.

Thank you

sendreq
30th October, 2016, 11:08 AM
What are you trying to do? Installation of MIB2 navi-uint from passat?

H2Deetoo
31st October, 2016, 07:51 AM
Normally a tool like SMOK, Vagtacho, Carprog can easily read immo plain from such a cluster.
Then just change VIN (in the plain immo data file) and write it back.

Not sure your car will start then because engine ecu also needs to have same VIN I suspect.
And perhaps you also need to learn new transponders (not 100% sure though).

rob h
31st October, 2016, 11:14 AM
Vin is not a part off the immo,
But it will probable 0000000000000000000000000000000000000 your abs longcode.
So you will need to safe your present abs longcode, and recalculated it possible.

The transponders will be fine.
There will be no changes made to the 12 bytes of the cs.

purepower
1st November, 2016, 03:05 AM
Vin is not a part off the immo,
But it will probable 0000000000000000000000000000000000000 your abs longcode.
So you will need to safe your present abs longcode, and recalculated it possible.

The transponders will be fine.
There will be no changes made to the 12 bytes of the cs.

Yes that's correct. ABS will be coded back as soon I have changed the VIN on the cluster (ABS is looking the VIN from the tacho).

My problem is only to find the way to change the VIN. And at the moment without OBD tools no one can do that.

H2Deetoo
1st November, 2016, 07:29 AM
>My problem is only to find the way to change the VIN. And at the moment without OBD tools no one can do that.

Yes correct, you need a good OBD tool otherwise no way to change VIN!

rob h
1st November, 2016, 10:46 AM
You could try to find someone, in the area where you live to help you do this.
Posting your location could help.

>My problem is only to find the way to change the VIN. And at the moment without OBD tools no one can do that.

Yes correct, you need a good OBD tool otherwise no way to change VIN!