PDA

View Full Version : 04 Kia Sorento used key programming

GameTheoryOptimal
1st November, 2016, 03:47 PM
Hey guys!
I had a 2004 kia sorento yesterday. customer called a few key guys to try to program a used ignition switch with used keys without success. we don't have original keys.
I opened up immo module, and found a 93c56. (module pn: 95410-3e300)
read with enigma tool as 16x and reading made sense to me. (I attached all dump) I also tried to read as 8x, but enigma says one pin was missing.
what I kinda understood/see was 3 keys, so I write the 2 keys I had read with tag key tool, but when I tried to write, it failed. so removed eeprom from board, and still unable to write. tried with carprog, and it wasn't reading as a 16x, but when I read as a 8x, read and verify ok.
dump was obviously different, but I tried to write my key where it made sense and this time, it write correctly.
solder back eeprom and tried, but crank no start.

I plugged scan tool, and could see only 1 key was in memory of immo.
I enter the pin code (from VIN) and delete keys, with success, but not able to program those used keys.

question #1: are those keys locked (like chrysler for example) and are only programmable once via obd?
question #2: can someone confirm if I should have read this as 8x or 16x?
question #3: what are my options? can someone help me to add those key in my dump? or should I just buy a new key?

thanks for the help guys!!

Sergio101
1st November, 2016, 04:41 PM
Try duplicating one of the keys with a fresh Transponder in it. I would try programming via obd once this is done. The pin code can be calculated using the bin number

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Sergio101
1st November, 2016, 04:42 PM
Skp900, sbb, abrites,and most old programmers should be able to program. Most of these have the pin code calculator in them, if not post your vin and we can give it to you

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

fadhle
2nd November, 2016, 11:19 AM
Use your file attached then use pin code 2345 with new key id 4d 60,then program it via obd2 by t300,sbb,x100,regards.

GameTheoryOptimal
2nd November, 2016, 05:23 PM
the PIN that I had (from VIN) was 3312.
when I used that pin, I achieved to erase the registered key in memory... so I assumed it was the right pin...
I also tried to program a transponder that I had in stock (4D 60, glass type, not sure it was the right one) with that same PIN without success.
if I have the chance, I'll try with the pin you gave me.

lion0304
2nd November, 2016, 11:31 PM
What do you mean without succes? You have error when programming or programming succes but key not start the car?
Make a scan to see what is wrong.
I've did several Sorento all are id46, use blank PCF7936.

Also i've a H1 2010 programming error, scan and see Smartra is dead.

GameTheoryOptimal
3rd November, 2016, 01:34 AM
I mean that after trying to program key (manually in eeprom memory or via obd2) vehicle is a crank no start. in immo data (with scan tool) I see 0 key registered + key not programmed/recognized.
you are saying that I should take a PCF7936 (same as I use for bmw CAS3) and precode it as a ID46 for hyundai/kia? then I program it via obd like usual?

lion0304
3rd November, 2016, 01:56 AM
You take blank PCF7936 (7936 is id46)no need precode anything. Program by OBD with pincode.
When programming succes, you'll see immo light go on. When engine started, light go oFF.
Key not programmed or not correct, NO immo light.

fadhle
3rd November, 2016, 11:11 AM
can you please post picture of immo, regards.

obdsystems
3rd November, 2016, 12:17 PM
should be an easy job -
Maybe cos owner tried used keys it's locked u out ? Always problems when customer tries to do it cheap.
Maybe check car's coil ok as this would leave zero keys.

Otherwise sounds like diagnostics session.

GameTheoryOptimal
3rd November, 2016, 02:51 PM
I work on the road and this guy was far away... and the car worth about 1000$... so I wait for his call back, but there is no certainty.

fadhle: if I get back on it, I'll take a picture of immo box.

lion0304: immo light was flashing when I put key on. (on newer kia light have the pattern you mention, on older i don't think so. see attached document) 407772

obdsystem: I tried with an other antenna (he replaced ignition switch, so I used is old antenna also to make sure)

usually on those older kia/hyundai, my customer always install new ignition switch with new key and it is an easy job.
there is 2 things I am not sure... if those are pcf7936, then keys are locked once you program them (at least it work that way on bmw), right? so no point in trying to program those used one... right?
if those are pcf7936, why when I read original key I have a tiris 4D as key ID and data?

I guess those 2 question may sound stupid, but I am no guru with transponder and stuff... and it doesn't make sense to me.

edit: I just found a new document... and they say when someone neutralize immo, pin goes to initial state which is 2345 (thanks fadhle!!! it make sense now!) and you then need to register new pin and keys (or something like that). but they talk about NEW master key still, so that part stays unclear.
here is the document I found: 407773

edit2: I talked to customer and he'll probably bring the car a little closer and I'll work back on it. (I guess next week) so we'll answer all those question eventually!
thanks for the help guys! mucho appreciated!!

fadhle
3rd November, 2016, 06:05 PM
Ok friend, since your car has an external immo box with 93lc56a this car need new 4d (60) key.
please use this edit dump attached, car will accept the key and start, regards

joker01
4th April, 2023, 12:01 AM
good evening ...... I have problems with starting a sorento 2006 .... the original key is pcf7946 ... I have already changed the antenna block and the immo box ..... made a virgin ecu, programmed keys with pin but keys are not memorized....
I tried to program both the old key and the new transponder generated by kia with vvdi...... the old key is no longer usable??? now I'm getting a new engine ecu to do more tests.....

joker01
7th April, 2023, 04:47 PM
keys stored with empty pcf7936...as written above by an expert locksmith.......