PDA

View Full Version : Openbox V8

1st November, 2016, 08:54 PM
After an ebay disaster trying to buy one with 24 month free gift i have got my money back. Before i order another from another seller i am interested to know, can i but one at 30 odd quid without the free gift and learn how to get the information myself, can the information be obtained on this forum?

Another thing/question. Anyone selling these new here or even on ebay and could you point me in the correct direction please.

Yes i am a complete noob to all this. :chuncky:

Cheers

gmb45
1st November, 2016, 08:55 PM
cant talk aboot that m8 :rulez:

1st November, 2016, 09:07 PM
cant talk aboot that m8 :rulez:

Okdoky, back to the ebay gamble. Cheers

1st November, 2016, 10:18 PM
Sorted :encouragement:

digicon
2nd November, 2016, 11:44 AM
Never buy any type of so called 'Gift' from ebay your just asking for trouble, as for the information this is where 'Google' comes in with the word 'Card' and 'Share' will gleam all the information you need

2nd November, 2016, 06:57 PM
Ah,ha some interesting reading. I did wonder how this worked so away for a good read than you.

BTW my space bar does not work when i quote anyone. Any reason why or is this a problem at my end?

chris31560
2nd November, 2016, 08:52 PM
its a problem at your end as my space bar works fine on quotes....

Johnner
2nd November, 2016, 08:58 PM
Ah,ha some interesting reading. I did wonder how this worked so away for a good read than you.

BTW my space bar does not work when i quote anyone. Any reason why or is this a problem at my end?

Admin have been notified about this mate...few people have experienced the same

2nd November, 2016, 10:49 PM
Aye, chitty chatt on another forum where this is happening it would seem to be Chrome users. The other forum is vBulletin also.

7th November, 2016, 02:55 PM
OK. Box came today and it was plug and play so chuffed. Could not get it to work on wireless as it would just sit on the scrambled screen. No problem as my house was wired for Ethernet in every room anyway. I did say in a post that no doubt i will be asking loads of stupid noob questions so here is the first two.

Can i get catchup TV? BBC i player etc

When you turn the TV on then my sky box the TV would sense what scart is getting used and switch itself to that. I put the openbox in the same scart as the sky but TV does not sense this. Any reason why?

Yes Scart.. I have LCD but it was an early one with no HDMI. Wife says we are not getting a new one till this one blows up. I think water down the back will be on the cards soon.

:chuncky:

chris31560
7th November, 2016, 08:57 PM
answer to your first question no dont get catch up with this box, also these boxes where made really for hd not sd so the box prob wont look for Scart but hdmi, the only way to configure the scart is using the tv remote and getting Scart that way..pst tell your wife you need a new telly as these boxes only work on new tv.s.lol.....

7th November, 2016, 10:17 PM
Cheers Chris unfortunately she was in when i set it up. Just now i am still getting the catch up through sky but dont know how long that will last as i paid my last bill over a month back.
My ISP is Plusnet and i can pop and external HDD into the router via USB and it acts like a NAS drive so to speak. I dont suppose i can get the openbox to see this drive? I do have another for the box but it will be a pain transferring the films to watch.