PDA

View Full Version : dont buy from

laticsmon
22nd July, 2008, 04:46 PM
bubble cable box boxes are fake and when you complain he says you pay to return in order for refund wrong very wrong:thumpdown::thumpdown::thumpdown::thumpdown:: thumpdown::thumpdown:

wong
22nd July, 2008, 08:32 PM
he also sells clones m8 (but dont want to get anyone into trouble )

laticsmon
22nd July, 2008, 10:00 PM
DONT MIND CLONES IF YOU KNOW WHEN YOU BUY:2in1:

lager
23rd July, 2008, 12:05 PM
Hi there ,how can you tell if its a clone box ,i would have thought they would be original ,as they have only just been released,and surely it would take a couple of months for the clones to appear.so how do you know if they are clones.i have a cloned blue box ,and to be honest its still working great,
whether or not this guy from bubbles ,is selling clones,or not ,there has to people out there that have dealt with in the past ,that have bought genuine boxes off him,it would be interesting to hear of these people if any.

lager.

robbieb43
23rd July, 2008, 07:03 PM
There is a clone detector program (google for dreambox clone) but it seems to be easily fooled. There are some guides to the different make parts used if you are happy to open the box up (and invalidate any warranty). I suspect both my DM500 are clones, but both slightly different, so there is probably more than one factory making them. A simple test is to look at the MAC number (telnet to the box and type ifconfig). Real boxes have a mac starting 00:09 but this can be modified and the program I mention only seems to look at this "soft" mac. So if someone has updated it it will say its not a clone when it is. There is a romour that the timebomb still kills boxes modified in this way (it must read the actual chip or something).

Bottom line is if you bought it cheap, stick to safe images. They are still great boxes.

R