PDA

View Full Version : Share dealing

Mjolinor
13th September, 2009, 12:37 PM
This is more of a "throw it out to the members" rather than " I would like to see"

I do a bit of share dealing, not a lot, more of a hobby than a get rich thing and sadly work takes too much of my time to be serious about it.

I think there are enough members on here, mostly UK, to make it worthwhile having a forum for tips and advice on how and where to trade. I think that a lot more people would buy and sell shares if they knew more about it.

I also think that it would have to be a members only forum.

We could have virtual trading where we pretend to trade and see who does best within the month or something.

Would anyone want to see something like that?

Discuss :)

Devilfish
13th September, 2009, 06:44 PM
I used to do some trading a while ago, it was coming to a point that every time I had an internet connection handy, I was checking the SP or info related to the stock.

In the end, took up too much time so sold everything hehe. If I ever hear that a company called Mecom has rocketed, I might kill myself lol.

We'll see how this thread develops before opening a new section for it though.

Dreamer
14th September, 2009, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't have a clue where to start dealing with shares.
Do you need to go through a broker?
Don't you need to know what your doing?
How would you get started?

SatSearching
14th September, 2009, 08:41 PM
Well give TD Waterhouse a wide birth, I setup on there to buy shares in a company that has since doubled in a month but missed out cos the online system mucked up!

TBH, shares is a bit like backing horses, unless you can get good insider info on companies then it is just a gamble. As DV says though, you end up spending toooo much time checking on SP's.

SS

Devilfish
17th September, 2009, 10:01 AM
I used iii.co.uk. It's run by the Halifax and has an active forum with good inside information.

wesb1980
17th September, 2009, 09:28 PM
I dabble a bit in shares, you can get alot of good info on yahoo finance. Ive been buying shares in CMI since last Oct, so far im up 63%!!!

nortek
31st December, 2009, 04:48 AM
hi every one i need help to make a key sharing here in mexico i will be gratefull

Timmaa
12th January, 2010, 11:33 PM
I've done a bit of investing in unit trusts under a stock and shares ISA umbrella. I make regular monthly payments into a UK index which is intended to pay off my mortgage at EOT, but I've also had a dabble in the European and Pacific indexes with lump sums which doubles up as cover for any shortfall in the mortgage element of the ISA and as an investment. The Pacific index has done pretty well since I made my first investments.

Money's pretty tight at the moment so I won't be doing any 'real money' investing in the short term.

I can recommend a couple of books and a website or two if people are interested. The Saturday edition of the Times is also a good source of information on individual shares.