PDA

View Full Version : JD diagnostics needed !

crowbareight
13th September, 2009, 02:01 PM
Wanted !!
John deere Agri machines diagnostic software & what ever else I can get my paws on !!:giveup:

DonL
27th September, 2010, 01:15 PM
PF-Diagnose can read John Deere and has John Deere Database of fault code definitions
no advertising !!!

hercamp
27th September, 2010, 06:04 PM
also with deutch 9 pin and j1939 prot.
u can connect with dearborn DPa 4 plus and read codes with dearborn diagnostic..is inside of driver installer disc.

other way only posible with service advisor of jhon deere with agri disk inside.

colh
29th September, 2010, 12:49 PM
Hi Hercamp
Have you seen the connector on the john deere version of nexiq ,is it an oval shape or is it still a deutch type.
Regards col

fixacar
29th September, 2010, 01:23 PM
Wanted !!
John deere Agri machines diagnostic software & what ever else I can get my paws on !!:giveup:

This is the only guy that i know who has JD AG.

John Deere diagnostic tool software cabel, Interface, adapter for diagnostic software - www.o2epc.com (http://www.o2epc.com//John-Deere-diagnostic-software-tool-interface.html)

hercamp
29th September, 2010, 04:04 PM
same deutch 9 pins works with other square adapter of 6 pins ...special one that is same of jd excavator ...

colh
1st October, 2010, 12:41 PM
same deutch 9 pins works with other square adapter of 6 pins ...special one that is same of jd excavator ...
Hercamp do you mean that both Ag and Industrial use square 6 pin or does one use deutsch 9 pin or is there an adapter from 9 pin to 6 pin square.
Regards Again col

mozzie
2nd October, 2010, 12:47 AM
This is the only guy that i know who has JD AG.

John Deere diagnostic tool software cabel, Interface, adapter for diagnostic software - www.o2epc.com (http://www.o2epc.com//John-Deere-diagnostic-software-tool-interface.html)

There was a set of AG dvds around for
8_2009.
Installs JD_SA version 2.8.205.

I have only the install_dvd1 uploaded.

Requires XP sp2 with net frameworks 1.1
and 2.
Best to use adobe reader v9 with JD_SA.

I only started playing with it recently,
so dont know that much about it.
Cant upload the rest just at moment sorry.

Maybe you can get from here:

http://topstaramb.forumer.ro/automotive-software-autocamioane-f1/john-deere-service-advisor-v-28-t319-30.htm

juanje
7th October, 2010, 05:53 AM
thanks for the dvd 001 :)

fixacar
7th October, 2010, 02:29 PM
This AG is good from autocamione.
It works well with CF as an upgrade.
You can edit SA ini for longer expiry before saving to disk.

:congrats::ridinghorse:

wap069
13th October, 2010, 05:39 PM
any ideas on the edl /usb link to use? im tempted to by the nexiq usb link as it is the same product number as on the jd edl link but i know what jd is like and im convinced that it wont work and dont want to waste money to find out! anyone verify that the nexiq usb link does work with service advisor? please

sca.net
10th November, 2010, 05:55 PM
Me too. I want to know...
If Service Advisor 2.8 works with Nexiq USB LINK.??
Regards.

colh
11th November, 2010, 12:43 PM
Me too. I want to know...
If Service Advisor 2.8 works with Nexiq USB LINK.??
Regards.
Tried today 9300 4x4 could not find 9 pin connector where manual says it is supposed to be.Should be under rear of cab or behind cover on rear of cab that covers all control modules.So sorry I still cant help any of you hope to try again on something else in a couple of days.Regards to all col

sca.net
11th November, 2010, 04:21 PM
I Hope you find out my friend, it's a valuable information to decide if to buy a nexiq usb link or to move to magikey or something else.

Big question...
DOES SERVICE ADVISOR 2.8 WORKS WITH NEXIQ USB LINK?
Anyone else can help?:wavey:
Thanks.

colh
11th November, 2010, 11:40 PM
I Hope you find out my friend, it's a valuable information to decide if to buy a nexiq usb link or to move to magikey or something else.

Big question...
DOES SERVICE ADVISOR 2.8 WORKS WITH NEXIQ USB LINK?
Anyone else can help?:wavey:
Thanks.
I too really want to find out.I would like to know if it does not then if buying JD EDL wether it will work like normal nexiq on other applications if you use 6 and 9 pin deutsch nexiq y connector.If nexiq does work then need someone to do pinouts for the EDL Y lead to use all functions of SA.Hope we can answer some questions soon.col
Just found early 9300 uses lucas ECU and has 6 pin inline weatherpack connection .Maybe with a pinout of both 9 pin deutsch to magikey and 6 pin weatherpack to magikey we may get answer to using Nexiq.col

colh
15th November, 2010, 09:08 AM
Tried advisor today with Nexiq on 9750 STS combine with 9 pin deutsch connecter in cab looked like it was trying to connect but then failed.Was 2 pins missing in connecter I think we need pinout of john deere edl to compare with nexiq.col

dieselequipos
15th November, 2010, 02:18 PM
Tried advisor today with Nexiq on 9750 STS combine with 9 pin deutsch connecter in cab looked like it was trying to connect but then failed.Was 2 pins missing in connecter I think we need pinout of john deere edl to compare with nexiq.col

YES FRIEND COHL nexiq dont have complete pinouts of original EDL...

need buy a EDL

colh
16th November, 2010, 12:31 AM
YES FRIEND COHL nexiq dont have complete pinouts of original EDL...

need buy a EDL
Thanks dieselequipos I think you confirm our worse fear.Can you use EDL with Nexiq y deutsch plug adapter to do other programs.Regrds col

wap069
16th November, 2010, 11:55 PM
is it just the lead with the duesch plug on it thats missing two pin outs, so if you could get your hands on a jd lead would it work or is it not that simple?

sca.net
17th November, 2010, 06:35 AM
:s: I wish you're wrong colh... Anyway I will continue :banghead: looking for a pinout for my nexiq connection (I already bought one), but didn't try on a JD engine...
Let see what protocols support Nexiq and What protocol uses JD to work.:joyman:

I saw somewhere a picture of a Nexiq USB Link working on a John Deere Vehicle... that's why I downloaded the software for JD.

Regards.

colh
17th November, 2010, 09:58 AM
:s: I wish you're wrong colh... Anyway I will continue :banghead: looking for a pinout for my nexiq connection (I already bought one), but didn't try on a JD engine...

I saw somewhere a picture of a Nexiq USB Link working on a John Deere Vehicle... that's why I downloaded the software for JD.

Regards.
If you can find machine with 9 pin deutsch connector try it because I have had information since last post that it could still be possible and otherwise it might only need different JD cable on Nexiq to work.They sure look the same as edl and protocols are the same it may only be one pin different in lead.I know that Cummins Inline 2 works perfectly with CNH EST all engines and controllers[It looks just like case dearborn adapter only different decal] as long as you have correct cables for some applications so anything is possible.col

hercamp
25th November, 2010, 08:02 PM
Ive working in JD..with original adapter nexiq magic key..that was dealer have ...and I try with dearborn dpa4 plus adapter..with service advisor cant ..I think for drivers or something....jd I ve test with dearborn test..is a litle tool inside of drivers cd..in backhoe loaders and moto griders..works with j1939...also Ive done some test like delete fault codes ...

colh
25th November, 2010, 09:52 PM
Ive working in JD..with original adapter nexiq magic key..that was dealer have ...and I try with dearborn dpa4 plus adapter..with service advisor cant ..I think for drivers or something....jd I ve test with dearborn test..is a litle tool inside of drivers cd..in backhoe loaders and moto griders..works with j1939...also Ive done some test like delete fault codes ...
I am sorry hercamp but I think you are saying that you can use DPA4 dearborn with JD is that right and if so can you use magikey cables with dearborn adapter are pin outs the same betwen these two adapters.Sorry about all the questions.
Kind Regards col

hercamp
27th November, 2010, 05:52 PM
yeah..some of that...I mean jd..works with j1939.
and I teste with dpa 4 plus ...
nexiq magicK is the original tool of jd service advisor..and has same pinout of dpa or usb link...problem to connec with usb link is a regkey..I think..because S advisor try to connect with serial port comm and doesnt give usb port option.

colh
28th November, 2010, 11:59 AM
nexiq magicK is the original tool of jd service advisor..and has same pinout of dpa or usb link...problem to connec with usb link is a regkey..I think..because S advisor try to connect with serial port comm and doesnt give usb port option.
Thanks Hercamp
With PDA and later EDL USB drivers in Service Advisor they should work Nexiq USB Link on j1939 but in adapter selection on service advisor there is many j1939 choices can 1,125,250,500 and can 2,125,250,500,am not sure what it should use.Regards col

wap069
30th November, 2010, 10:49 PM

can you preform live calibrations and look at live data like rail pressures and change input values? magic key will work with jd 30series tractors but wont talk to the ecu, too many controllers for it to talk too. any info would be greatfull

djovic
18th December, 2010, 12:56 PM
thank`s! :)

DonL
31st December, 2010, 03:36 PM
can you preform live calibrations and look at live data like rail pressures and change input values? magic key will work with jd 30series tractors but wont talk to the ecu, too many controllers for it to talk too. any info would be greatfull

PF-Diagnose no advertising !!! will connect to John Deere, read all modules including ECM, display Live data and fault codes, you can erase codes, works with Nexiq or DPA adapters as well as others. Another option to get just fault codes is the Fault code reader that comes with insite

wap069
6th January, 2011, 10:33 PM
PF-Diagnose www.pocketfleetdiagnosticsolutions.com (http://www.pocketfleetdiagnosticsolutions.com) will connect to John Deere, read all modules including ECM, display Live data and fault codes, you can erase codes, works with Nexiq or DPA adapters as well as others. Another option to get just fault codes is the Fault code reader that comes with insite
what about live calibrations of hydraulics/transmission/vgt turbo/egr valve/tls and input values for the electronic inj which is now needed for 30 series tractors. this is my main problem, i can do tls/hydraulics/trans calibrations on premium tractors through the dti but with standard/se tractors im screwed. any light on this would be cool.

DonL
6th January, 2011, 11:07 PM
what about live calibrations of hydraulics/transmission/vgt turbo/egr valve/tls and input values for the electronic inj which is now needed for 30 series tractors. this is my main problem, i can do tls/hydraulics/trans calibrations on premium tractors through the dti but with standard/se tractors im screwed. any light on this would be cool.

PF-Diagnose will read live data and diaplay or erase fault codes, it will not recalibrate, or write parameters, for that you need the appropriate version of Service Advisor.

I am not aware of any third party tool that can do what you require.

wap069
7th January, 2011, 07:25 PM
vapourmatic in england which is a spireus supplier of tractor parts for all ranges which happens to be owned by you guessed it jd have brought out a diagnostic reader which will do all ranges but at the moment it wont do live calibrations or data changes as yet but the rep said its in the pipe line but at over ?3000 its a lot to swallow. it wont have any manuals like service adv. just a diag reader.

DonL
8th January, 2011, 12:22 AM
vapourmatic in england which is a spireus supplier of tractor parts for all ranges which happens to be owned by you guessed it jd have brought out a diagnostic reader which will do all ranges but at the moment it wont do live calibrations or data changes as yet but the rep said its in the pipe line but at over ?3000 its a lot to swallow. it wont have any manuals like service adv. just a diag reader.

so I guess PF-Diagnose at 1/15th the price is a good deal at the moment.

colh
8th January, 2011, 11:01 AM

Regards.

Have a look at my post in thread started by wap069 on Nexiq and can someone tell me how to do linkbacks.

wap069
9th January, 2011, 05:36 PM
so I guess PF-Diagnose at 1/15th the price is a good deal at the moment.

i would say so lol

DonL
14th January, 2011, 12:00 PM

Regards.

Here is the pinout

Divad968
17th July, 2019, 08:32 AM
John Deere Service Advisor 4.0 CCE on obd2tool.com (Commercial and Consumer Equipment)dealer technical assistance, diagnostics, connection readings, calibrations, interactive tests, specification, tools, assemble and disassemble presented all models John Deere Construction Equipment and some models Hitachi, Euclid, Bell and Timberjack.