PDA

View Full Version : Best Hard drive for new eurovox 500 pvr

Femalelizzard
22nd July, 2008, 08:34 PM
Anyone bought a new harddrive for the new eurovox pvr looking for a cheap drive atleast 80GB compatable anyhelp read a few posts but some of the drives seem a little pricey

feel happy to gis a few links :rofl:

smirnoff_rules
22nd July, 2008, 08:41 PM
only ever use ebay or amazon these days Amazon.co.uk: seagate 100 drive (http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/026-8493992-1663600?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=seagate+100+drive&x=0&y=0)

Femalelizzard
22nd July, 2008, 09:01 PM
Amazon.co.uk: Seagate Momentus 7200.1 ST910021AS - Hard drive - 100 GB - internal - 2.5 Photo (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Momentus-7200-1-ST910021AS-internal/dp/B000H4WH0U/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1216756276&sr=8-9)

Is this the one you recommend smirn ?60 seems a tad to much was looking at the ?40 mark also is the seagate compatable m8 im pretty shite at this stuff i dont wanna get my fingers burnt as you know im great at that lol

shit thats sata i need a 2.5 IDE thats right init lol

<--Femalelizzard added 6 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...-->

Just to get this straight do i need a 2.5 IDE drive and which make is compatible with the box so i can do a google

downloader
22nd July, 2008, 09:04 PM
this is the place

BubbleCableBoxes - (Powered by Cube-Cart) (http://www.bubblecableboxes.com/cable-boxes/ex5000pvr-the-new-eurovox/seagate-retail-hard-drive-120gb-internal-2-5in-sata/150-7200-rpm-8m-for-eurovox-pvr/prod_121.html)

smirnoff_rules
22nd July, 2008, 09:04 PM
u need a lappy ide one m8 ,, theres a thread somewhere on here about drive . lm sure l read the samsungs work fine too

Femalelizzard
22nd July, 2008, 09:19 PM
just orderd that one from bubble 120GB for ?44 looked good to me hope all things go well cheers

blorimirrr
23rd July, 2008, 12:26 AM
I have also ordered from Bubble the HD and instead of receiving the Seagate 120GB as they said they sent me the Western Digital 120GB and it is not working with my PVR......... I am trying to play around with it though and follow instructions on forums to try to get it to work before phoning them up

lost
23rd July, 2008, 08:20 AM
I have also ordered from Bubble the HD and instead of receiving the Seagate 120GB as they said they sent me the Western Digital 120GB and it is not working with my PVR......... I am trying to play around with it though and follow instructions on forums to try to get it to work before phoning them up

are you sure its a western digital 120gb as they are ok with the pvr
regarding bubble couple of weeks ago i orderd 5 seagate they sent 5 fuji which wher no good for the pvr it took over a week for them to send the correct ones that i orderd

downloader
23rd July, 2008, 10:19 AM
mine's from bubble & was not the one he advertised on his site but this guy tries everything he is a great seller check him out on ebay 100%
I would always reccomend him.

LoverNumber1
23rd July, 2008, 10:43 AM
I think the key is that the hard drive should be IDE 2.5" and without Collar so that pins fit the slot and once fit it should work. Most of the problems I have heard were with fitting of hdd not the size or type.

blorimirrr
23rd July, 2008, 11:35 AM
LoverNumber1 is correct,

The only problem with hdds on this box is with actuall physical fitting of them (as long as the hdd capacity is upto 120GB it seems).

Western Digital 120GB does fit (and is working now correctly) but you have to be carefull when fitting and double check that all the pins are seated correctly (mine were at first just a bit off on the right hand side and it was not noticable until I looked through the grille on the top to make sure).

But the point being on the Bubblecable was that if you advertise a product you should send what you advertise and not an alternative (unless you said so in the add)............. It would be like ordering Pioneer plasma and getting Matsui one instead (but the other also works................... just lower quality and not suitable perhaps) ;)

downloader
23rd July, 2008, 04:45 PM
Oh the bubble guy rang me and told me over the phone that it would be different he wasn't false advertising. Like I say A1 top guy.

Also he's updated his site now to show seagate which is what he sent me.
The original drives he had listed did not physically fit & we know a few people have fallen foul of that one.
So he sent his order back in order to make sure his customers got the correct drive.
That's why I delt with him I knew the drive i got would be the one for the eurovox

lincsat
26th July, 2008, 12:13 AM
this is the place

BubbleCableBoxes - (Powered by Cube-Cart) (http://www.bubblecableboxes.com/cable-boxes/ex5000pvr-the-new-eurovox/seagate-retail-hard-drive-120gb-internal-2-5in-sata/150-7200-rpm-8m-for-eurovox-pvr/prod_121.html)

Are adverts allowed in here then - Lincsat's Nick-nacks :) (http://www.lincsat.co.uk)

paul1974
26th July, 2008, 08:15 AM
are the eurovox pvr worth geting has anyone had much problems with them

Femalelizzard
26th July, 2008, 09:35 AM

I also recived a WD 120 instead of the seagate but it works fine just slotted in a away It went.

<--Femalelizzard added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...-->

are the eurovox pvr worth geting has anyone had much problems with them

propper quality m8 easy time shift record etc most easiest box youll ever use its that easy you are set up in 5 mins then your bored lol

lincsat
8th August, 2008, 01:19 PM
They have prooved so popular, there's currently a shortage of boxes

marvo
8th August, 2008, 09:06 PM
I went to compy fair and asked for a seagate ..it worked first time,,80gb was only one on the market that day ?29.99p, I noticed though that it had "maxtor" name on the wrapping..it worked first time. Just slotted it in and then recorded without any hassle. 2.5,ide laptop hdd I asked for. i noticed at arrival of ex5000pvr,,some where having lots of trub with different hdd,,check this site.