PDA

View Full Version : Updating Dreambox 7020S

ozzienl
22nd July, 2008, 10:13 PM
I am new to Dreambox and have recently bought a 7020S. This was delivered with a very old Hydra Phoenix image (2005?) and is currently working OK with 4 LNBs and a Wavefrontier T55 dish. However, EMUs and keys not operational.

I would like to upgrade to a newer image but do not want to lose the configuration especially the satellite setup which the seller did for me and took quite a while. Unfortunately he is not around and I do not fully understand the steps taken.
So I need your help to make sure I do not mess things up.

1. How should I save the current satellite (and other important) settings for setup with a new image?
2. Can I install a new image on USB or CompactFlash and try that out before erasing the old Hydra image? Read somewhere about problems with multiboot on 7020s
3. Which image would you recommend for newbies? Should be very easy to set up and use especially EMUs and keys (Step-by-step tutorials for newbies would be great)

Thanks

firestorm
23rd July, 2008, 02:10 AM
hi the best thing to do is to get a program called flashwizard and to buy your self a usb stick say a 2gig ,plug in the usb stick in the back of your 7020 then open flashwizard goto config and utilties enter your dreambox ip addres then format your usb,then you will see an option to back up services and favorties,now download a new image from the net ie nablio and remeber were you saved it.then click on install or remove firmware in multiboot option chose the usb option and instal you new image on to the usb stick,when finished reboot your dreambox and it will give you the option to boot either your old image or the new one you have installed pick the new one and your setting should be in it.this method will leave your old image and setting intack if you get stuck get back and i will help you

ozzienl
23rd July, 2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks firestorm but before using Flashwizard going through the release notes I notice the warning for Dreambox 7020's

WARNING:
- on 7020, you *must* have in flash a true OpenEmbedded image (no 7000 cvs-tuxbox like!).
Make sure before installing FlashWizard on your 7020 to have an OE image in flash.

My dilemma is that the current image in flash (Hydra Phoenix) is probably not an OpenEmbedded one. Not sure what will go wrong but since it is so explicit in the release notes, I am a bit concerned. Anybody have experience with this?

firestorm
25th July, 2008, 04:33 AM
there is another way of multibooting which is the barry allen but i have not used it as i use flashwizard

dvb23
25th July, 2008, 03:59 PM
I recommended you Flashwizard Pro 6.3 and a Usb flash stick 2-4 Gb.

Gemini or PLi Images.. and Mgcamd.

^^MaXiMo II^^
25th July, 2008, 07:14 PM
You should have no problem with firestorm advise
before using flash wizard i would use dreambox edit to do a back up of settings. Ones you installed FW you can do a back up of you immage too.
So if i was on you i would do this: install flash wizard, in usb i would load any immage you like make sure you click on copy setting etc from image in flash.
Done that i would do a backup of hydra image, then i would flash a new image in flash memory something with a update cvs (Nabilo ???).
After all that if you prefer you can even put your hydra image on usb stick.
Hope it can help
ciaoooo

ozzienl
30th July, 2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks firestorm and maximo-II. A quick update

I had difficulty downloading images to USB with Phoenix Hydra in flash - got error messages that download failed irrespective of which image or option I tried.

I used DreamUp to backup Phoenix Hydra plus settings and replaced boot flash image with the Dream Multimedia original. I then used FlashwizardPro to install multiboot option and then Gemini + CCcam on a USB stick.

Works fine thanks to your help :)

However, I am still struggling to set up CCcam to decode service providers such as Premiere, Canaaldigitaal, etc. Any suggestions how best to do this:
1. Which cam emulator to use and which key bundles? Would like to avoid cardsharing if possible (seems to complex and expensive)
2. How to keep keys updated - manually or automatically. What do you recommend for autoUpdate?

So much to learn....

firestorm
30th July, 2008, 12:48 PM
hi glad you have got there,what you need next is to get a set of todays keys or hacksat and a program called dcc this will let you move key and file over to your dreambox from your pc basically just set it up like you did with flashwizard put in your ip address of your dreambox rooter and pc in config then connect and go to the option ftp then got var then turxbox and put hacksat in your pluggings then go back and you will see keys now moved them over to the key(unzip your keys eagle keys are the same)folder then exit reboot your dreambox when booted up press the blue button go to plugins goto hacksat and download the keys of the cam you want (i find cccam and mgcamd the best but this up to you) and this will open premire you will not open Canaaldigitaal i dont think any way.If i have missed anything out i sorry i have done this from memory if you get back i talk you through it again,Cardsharing is not to hard and can cost as little as ?50 a year and opens everthing but i dont think i can talk about that here

Curious123
30th July, 2008, 04:30 PM
Load the CCcam 2.0.9 cam and the Satankey bundle and that should open Premier and most of the other channels. Don't pay for anything that is freely available.

firestorm
30th July, 2008, 07:06 PM
but you will need a card to share or no one will let you share that were the ?50 comes from ie a certain ~~~~ card never use a pay server as Curious123 says not only do they charge for using some one else cards they over load there servers causing freezing and the tv providers do not like them so try to catch them and when they do they will have your paypal details

mrshal99
28th September, 2008, 12:51 PM
I have bought a DB 7020-S and for the first time I changed the image using Dreamup but later I decided to change to another image so I loaded new image but after that I can not get even MPEG2 channels!!! I changed image several times but no success nither to update cams, key's or plugins nor to even open MPEG2 channels. Would u pls help me with solving this problem?