PDA

View Full Version : wiresless trouble

dazza78
18th March, 2008, 12:54 PM
if your havein problems try thisout

i take it your gettin error code 80710102 ?
so the first thing to try is open up your router and change your dns settings
this is what i used

* 208.67.222.222 primary
* 208.67.220.220 secondry

and then try connectin wirelessly again and that should work m8.

if not follow these steps and all will be complete m8
-----------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------

Okay, here are the steps that I did to utilize this information to my advantage. I?ll try to make it as simple as possible:

1) Leave your PS3 settings on automatic/easy (probably what you already had it set as before).

2) Locate the IP address of your router. For example?s sake, mine is belkin with IP 192.168.0.1

3) Open a web browser (Firefox or Internet Explorer for example) on a computer connected to your router (The PS3?s browser might also work but I didn?t try that).

4) In the address bar, type in the IP address of you router.

5) If it asks for a username and password, enter whatever you set it as. If you never set one, check the manual with your router and it will probably give the default username and password. If you can?t find one, try username ?admin? with no password.or just leave it blank.

6) Once you get in, look for the setting to enter "DNS Primary and Secondary." (In mine, it was under ?WAN.?) Once you find it, enter the values above for DNS (208.67.222.222 primary and 208.67.220.220 secondary). - Mine had 0.0.0.0 for both primary and secondary before I did this which makes me further believe that this was the problem. - Make sure to apply the changes.

7) Check the connection on your PS3 and hope that it is working.

Best of luck,

dazza

Some people have noted that it may also work if you just change the DNS values on the PS3 (instead of the router) under manual network configuration for DNS. worth a shot before configuring your router.
4.2.2.1 (primary) and 4.2.2.5 (secondary) enter these in to your ps3 m8 and ill guarntee that u will be up and running m8
dazza
hope this helps m8?

i had posted this on another forum and thought i would add it to here as it got used alot
dazza

dazza78
18th March, 2008, 12:55 PM
forgot about this bit

Some people have noted that it may also work if you just change the DNS values on the PS3 (instead of the router) under manual network configuration for DNS. worth a shot before configuring your router.
4.2.2.1 (primary) and 4.2.2.5 (secondary) enter these in to your ps3 m8 and ill guarntee that u will be up and running m8
dazza