PDA

View Full Version : Astra G Cabrio Bertone Z16XE EGR problem

unagi
15th November, 2016, 07:20 PM
Hi everyone,

I've got an Astra G Cabrio Bertone Z16XE 2003 and it's been giving me some trouble.

The problem is the following - whenever I accelerate/decelerate the car is 'kangarooing' and it's driving me crazy. I know it's not much of a description, but that's the best I can do. In neutral, when I hit the throttle, the engine revs up and down smoothly and the idle is also good.

There are no error codes(there was a p0420 cat below threshold error that went away when I changed the battery two months ago and never came back).
I've cleaned the EGR valve many times.
I've cleaned the throttle body(it was clean anyways).
I've checked the engine mounts - all solid.
New spark plugs and coil.

Lots of people suggested the EGR to be at fault. Can it be some bad feedback from the EGR to ECU that causes this? Can it be turned of completely?

Any opinion and/or experiences are more than welcome

Thanks

farhodmelibov
16th November, 2016, 05:36 AM
This error is caused by of catalytic converter

unagi
16th November, 2016, 11:55 AM
I was aware of that, the second lambda sensor probably recorded some data indicating that the catalytic converter was working below threshold. However, it hasn't appeared for a while now.

Anyways, I doubt that causes the engine to misbehave.

Cieniu
16th November, 2016, 01:08 PM
change second sonda reset lambda block and test actuator egr and run ;)

unagi
16th November, 2016, 03:18 PM
Cieniu thank you for your input.

If I understood you right, I am to change to second lambda sensor and check the EGR if it works, right?

*what exactly did you mean by 'reset lambda block'?

farhodmelibov
17th November, 2016, 12:06 PM
you need to check the engine disconnected at the connector egr

unagi
18th November, 2016, 08:54 PM
wouldn't a disconnected EGR cause a fault code? I have no fault codes at the moment.

farhodmelibov
19th November, 2016, 11:08 AM
if the problem is only in the EGR it is possible to solve the problem by reprogramming the engine control unit.

cosmin12345
20th November, 2016, 08:25 AM
Hello , measure fuel pressure , should be CONSTANT , i had this problem , and fuel gauge wasnt shown corectly , also put 15 L of gasoline .it has nothing to do with lambda or egr ,those are for emission related , dont change them .