PDA

View Full Version : Quality Signal Booster/Amplifier

blorimirrr
23rd July, 2008, 03:39 PM
Can anyone recommend a quality signal booster/amplifier CATV? possibly with 30db gain option (but real 30db, not claimed as many do)

Does anyone have any experience with that stuff?

Thanks in advance for time and effort

Devilfish
23rd July, 2008, 05:41 PM
A lot of people have recommended this one...

DVB-Shop24 - The satellite tv shop for UK and Ireland - Cable TV Signal Amplifier Booster Dreambox Dbox T/W NTL (http://www.dvb-shop24.net/product_info.php/info/p216_Cable-TV-Signal-Amplifier-Booster-Dreambox-Dbox-T-W-NTL.html)

You may be able to get it cheaper on ebay.

Oggy
23rd July, 2008, 06:04 PM

DVB-Shop24 - The satellite tv shop for UK and Ireland - Cable TV Signal Amplifier Booster Dreambox Dbox T/W NTL (http://www.dvb-shop24.net/product_info.php/info/p216_Cable-TV-Signal-Amplifier-Booster-Dreambox-Dbox-T-W-NTL.html)

I use one of these and it does help - although mine isnt perfected, might just need fine tuned a bit more.

parkerboy
24th July, 2008, 08:05 AM
i have just one of those myself of ebay to use for my d box but not yet used it. when watching the footie the pic isnt the best. will this sort it out. let me know how you get on thanks.

blorimirrr
25th July, 2008, 01:46 PM
Thank you Devilfish and others as well,

I have bought the Konig one and it does work (and I had a chance to compare to a signal booster received previously from a diff company and difference is really noticable). Now I can pick up around 120 odd channels........... so the gain is there............... I am still struggling with some transponders though

I am in High St Kensington, London area and the symbol rate is 6.952

Does anyone have a .cdf file for the are maybe???

Thanks again for helping. Really appreciated :) :wink:

delboy13
26th July, 2008, 12:07 AM
i bought an amp from america made by pct it is made for uk market and has a return path for internet and all my channels work perfect it is a four way amp

jeffo1985
1st August, 2008, 01:23 AM
any one for the eurovox??

<--jeffo1985 added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...-->

how much are they?

jeffo1985
7th August, 2008, 05:34 PM

Hi Devilfish, im a newbie just got my eurovox pvr recently..what connections does this signal amplifier connect into in the eurovox box??i would consider getting this because the level and quality on my box is only around 77-79%.The movie channels are great but if u are watching a football game it would be sort of fuzzy around the ball and the players and some channels dont work because the signal isn't good enough.I have a 42" hd tv so its really annoying.Do you think this signal amplifier would bring the signal to somewhere in the 90-95% region. if u know that would be very much appreciated. Cheers