PDA

View Full Version : DM800 Clone Constant Reboot

GAH
14th September, 2009, 02:28 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a clone dm800 which I bought second hand. I didn't particularly want a clone, it's just what I ended up with. Anyway, it came with the BL69 sim, and I've since replaced it with a BL72 sim. I've been running a modified Nabilo BH 11G2, which was working quiet successfully. It would occassionally reboot once every two or three days of it's own accord, but sometimes it would stick at the "Dream Multimedia" splash screen, and not reboot at all. I would then unplug it, and when it was plugged back in, it would reboot normally. This has been going on for weeks and weeks. I recently installed NewcS/Magcamd in order to update my Al Jazeera card (CCcam doesn't handle Viaccess 3 emms very well apparently). However, it started to reboot, and now it won't stop! It will go so far (the progress bar gets to just below the letter b of "booting" on the OLED display), and then it restarts the booting procedure. It will do this several times, and then eventually stick on the "Dream Multimedia" splash screen. I have reflashed with a brand new image via the web browser, I have tried a different bootloader, but it does the same reboot routine every time. I also replaced the tuner as I have a spare, and it made no difference. It also doesn't matter whether the dish is connected.

Anyone any ideas?

GAH

westkill
14th September, 2009, 04:42 PM
im not an expert some thing may be wrong internally
maybe the power supply?
have you tryed removing any hdd usb devices
reflashing then work from there
with nabilosat bh 0.9

GAH
14th September, 2009, 06:46 PM
Hi Westkill,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried Nabilo 09,07, and 03. I have also tried a couple of very early Gemini images. I've also tried bootloader 69, 70 and 72. And yes, I also have a spare power supply, and I've tried that too! I had previously removed the HDD, and it doesn't matter whether the USB stick is plugged in or not.

Regards,
GAH

t40t40
14th September, 2009, 07:59 PM
hi you sayed you changed the sim did you try the old one?

Also where did you get that new sim

GAH
14th September, 2009, 08:33 PM
Hi,

Makes no difference what sim is in the box. For your info, I bought the BL72sim from an online dealer

GAH

GAH
18th September, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hi guys,

Ok, the only way I can get the box to boot is by removing the tuner. After that, the box boots normally every time. I also have a spare working tuner, and it still reboots if I fit that tuner too, so I know it's not the tuner itself thats faulty. However, it will only boot without a tuner fitted.
Anyone any idas?

GAH

GAH
19th September, 2009, 06:18 PM
Hi tsj,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I've had the motherboard out and examnined it in great detail with a magnifying glass. There are definitely no broken tracks or badly soldered joints.

Regards,
GAH

DM800
20th September, 2009, 04:53 PM
Hi tsj,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I've had the motherboard out and examnined it in great detail with a magnifying glass. There are definitely no broken tracks or badly soldered joints.

Regards,
GAH
hi
i'm from china
i guess your box have quality problem,don't buy Cheap price box ,
Different price have Different quality
if you buy Cheap box the box not stable !!!!

Shouma
20th January, 2010, 01:15 PM
GAH...I have ur same issue...did u solved it??! but even here if i removed te tuner my dm keeps rebooting...