PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview Observations..

C64
23rd July, 2008, 06:57 PM
Having a few small issues with this box.

Signal issues aside....

1. Why do I need to enter my PIN just to play Tetris or check my Bio-Rhythm?

2. Why can't I browse channels whilst still watching the current channel? (oops only just noticed I can do this?!)

3. The EPG is terrible, I get none unless I click on the EPG button then wait for it to fill in the blanks, even then I only get now and next, why doesn't the EPG auto-fill like other boxes do?

4. The GUI is horrible and unfriendly, IMO is way too confuddled.

1st impressions = Yuck, it reminds me of the old FTA101 receiver.

I understand the firmware is still a work-in-progress, but I do get the feeling that the release of this box was rushed.

Things I do like...

1. It gives me free TV.

2. Incredibly easy to get up and running.

Devilfish
23rd July, 2008, 08:50 PM
The EPG is supposed to be 7 days ahead???

I didn't like the GUI either...same as the digivox I had (and sold soon afterwards).

There have been several firmware releases sine the first, do you have the latest?

I'm not a fan of the closed source 'tv only' boxes either!

mept1
24th July, 2008, 09:36 AM
been running the krypt for 8 months,..it,s come on leaps and bounds from when first released,..true you do have to press epg for now and then for a second or two,..for 7 day epg,..after pressing epg,then press 0 this will give you 7 day epg , this does take a min or to to kick in,..but finds this is a small price to pay for a good budget box.

max_gee
24th July, 2008, 11:05 AM
new relese expected next week / maybe this week....

epg totally re written

tuner drivers updated.... so no more freezing and if your box started to stutter after the april release then this new firmware will cure it...

this is the only box that has approximately 3 releases a year.... the support is great...

satman
24th July, 2008, 11:20 AM
this is the only box that has approximately 3 releases a year....

bit of bending the truth a bit there like...

max_gee
24th July, 2008, 11:35 AM
sorry i mant only closed source box....

satman
24th July, 2008, 11:36 AM
sorry i mant only closed source box....

Yup,, kryptview by head and shoulders is best of a bad lot...

mept1
24th July, 2008, 07:08 PM

this will bring a few responses satman:)

Femalelizzard
24th July, 2008, 10:37 PM
Id rate the eurovox well better then the kryptview mind ive only seen 2 but the epg was shite the remind me of the starview 1 crap crap crap

the new eurovox pvr 500 works a treat and the epg is fantastic :guns:

<--Femalelizzard added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...-->

ROOBARB I preffer the eurovox maxV and the pvr500 anyday :rofl:

satman
25th July, 2008, 01:14 AM
Id rate the eurovox well better then the kryptview mind ive only seen 2 but the epg was shite the remind me of the starview 1 crap crap crap

I Prefer a dreambox or itgate before any of them :P

mept1
25th July, 2008, 07:27 AM

to compare the krypview with the starview is a absoute joke,..i,v had starview for 2 and a bit years,..there is no epg :thumpdown:,..were the kryptview defo has epg,..kryptview is the best budget box,..itgate 220 with external hdd is the best linux box in my opinion!

stroner
26th July, 2008, 11:43 PM
Im currently trialing the latest test firmware for the kryptview and can confirm everythings looking spot on,theres a couple of bugs with the full 7 day epg still but the now+next and 48 hours ahead is absolutley spot on:).
When these probs have been fully fixed and the firmwares publicly released then this will be the best plug and play box out there:elefant:

cb2
29th July, 2008, 07:52 PM
Kryptviews are cool, are there any updates coming for them?

stroner
29th July, 2008, 11:42 PM
Kryptviews are cool, are there any updates coming for them?

yes the update will be released in the next week or so

just a few little bugs need sortin:)

jaytag
30th July, 2008, 08:31 PM
i already have the new update dated 23/7/08 it has sorted a few boxes that were faulty only been running 2 days got contact in far east. boxes have all stopped pixilating.so far so good . all goes well .i willupload it 2morrow if aloud

jaytag
1st August, 2008, 09:59 PM
been running new software on faulty boxes first two days fine but then stsrted freezing again. software dated 23/7/08. hope they fix the bugs as these boxes are very easy to use