PDA

View Full Version : help me set up my linksys router & linksys gaming adapter

satpink
23rd July, 2008, 08:43 PM
i have 2 dreamboxes one wired into wireless router the other i want to use wirelessly in other room , cnat configure the 2 linksys devices wrt54gs(router) gaming adapter wg54ags, i have them set up sharing same encrytion, then they connect inutility but once a apply the settings instantly disconnect gain, anyb help please

Devilfish
23rd July, 2008, 09:11 PM
I have a wireless bridge but I assume it's pretty much the same as a gaming adapter.

I had to connect the bridge to my laptop via ethernet cable and change the ip address to match the subnet of the router, i.e. 192.168.1.1, so I gave it the ip address of 192.168.1.226 (i think lol).

Now when you power it on, all the leds go through their bootup routine and then the wireless led comes on. I then tried to connect from my PC (hardwired to router) using the above ip address and it connected.

Then connected the bridge to the dreambox. Remember when you're configuring the dreambox network settings that the default gateway is still the router ip address, i.e. 192.168.1.1, and not the gaming adapter, the router is the still the gateway to the internet.

Hope that helps or jogs something. :)

satpink
24th July, 2008, 06:23 PM
now sorted, i deleted my network from laptop, went into router web set up, enaqbled wep with passphrase, then went into game adapter web set up, changed all wep settings to same as router, then into control pane/network set up changed wi fi settings to wep and changed to share all connected & set up now sharing my card within my own house very happy