PDA

View Full Version : Alfa 159 1.9JTD EDC16C39 remap problem

rile044
23rd November, 2016, 08:29 PM
Hi all,

I started playing around with my new MPPS interface (bought this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/182263689575?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) and with my Alfa 159 1.9 JTDM 110kW with EDC16C39 EEPROM.

The car was already tuned by a professional tuner but I want to play with the car myself. So, the first thing I wanted to do is to put back the original stock MAP. I downloaded the original stock MAP from the forum here and this are the exact steps I did:

First, I did the backup of current MAP. As I got the MPPS version which needs the loader to work, I found another MPPS version on the web which works without loader and it works under Windows 10 64bit. I started it and I wrote the original MAP to the ECU. There were no errors but I did not follow the instructions at the end to put the ignition back to on. Although I did not put the ignition to on, everything seemed to work fine. However, later on, I read that this procedure must be followed so I decided to go through the same procedure once again but this time with putting the ignition to on after the MAP has been written to ECU. This is what I did and since then I am having the problems with the error message "Parking control not available" and my parking distance control is not working. I tried to put back the original file but the same thing happens.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what might be wrong?

I am attaching 3 files here:

1) MAP that was in the car before I did anything (MAP created by professional tuner)
2) Original stock MAP (downloaded from this forum)
3) Readout of EEPROM after I wrote the original, stock MAP

I noticed one strange thing. I pushed the original stock MAP to the ECU (file 2) and I read it right afterwards just to verify that I will get the same content. On my surprise, the content was different (file 3). To my understanding file2 should be the same as file3.

Can someone help me understand what is going on?

Thanks,
Predrag

rile044
23rd November, 2016, 08:45 PM
By the way, these are the differences of files 2 and 3 (they should be the same):

Comparing two files ...

001FDF7C - 001FDFFF is different

bobolin4o
24th November, 2016, 07:59 AM
Everything is OK!
The differences are in the checksum block, it is normal...
The problem with the parking control is, because when you flash the ECU, there is not comunication between this ECU and the other ECUs in the car.
So simply use diag scanner and erase the errors from ALL systems in the car.

And finally... The file have DPF off, and the tuning is really made by "professional" tuner...
Congratulations!

Andrei2015
24th November, 2016, 09:54 AM
This professional file changed my vision about tuning. Thanks for sharing

rile044
24th November, 2016, 10:05 AM
This professional file changed my vision about tuning. Thanks for sharing

Can you be more precise on what is so specific about this file?

Thanks

rile044
24th November, 2016, 10:11 AM
Everything is OK!
The differences are in the checksum block, it is normal...
The problem with the parking control is, because when you flash the ECU, there is not comunication between this ECU and the other ECUs in the car.
So simply use diag scanner and erase the errors from ALL systems in the car.

And finally... The file have DPF off, and the tuning is really made by "professional" tuner...
Congratulations!

Hi,

I appreciate your answer very much, thank you.

So, what you are saying is that the checksum part in the file is in the following range: 1FDF7C-1FDFFF?

Let me ask a question to fully understand this - if I for example buy a remap file from some tuner on the Internet, isn't the checksum already contained inside the file at the location mentioned above? I understood that the checksum is already in the file. How come that when I read out the eeprom after flashing it, I get a different file - shouldn't it be the same up to the last bit?

Regarding the errors I am getting - after putting the original stock map in the car, I am also getting a P0401 - EGR related error - I delete it via FiatEcuScan but it comes up right after. Also, I tried clearing the parking sensors errors but as soon as I put in reverse, the error comes up again. Any other suggestion?

Thanks a lot,
Predrag

bobolin4o
24th November, 2016, 06:05 PM
1.Parktronic have nothing to do with engine ECU flash content.
Look with FES which errors are there, don't simply erase them!
OMG...
2.Even you flashed the ECU with original file, MPPS make checksum correction by his own way, there is nothing strange...

rile044
24th November, 2016, 06:29 PM
1.Parktronic have nothing to do with engine ECU flash content.
Look with FES which errors are there, don't simply erase them!
OMG...
2.Even you flashed the ECU with original file, MPPS make checksum correction by his own way, there is nothing strange...

Thanks for the suggestions!

After remapping, I am getting the following 2 errors:

P0401 - EGR valve
C1007 - Front left parking sensor

I don't know could it be that it is just a coincidence that one of the sensors has gone bad at the time when I was reflashing the EEPROM.

Also, I tried putting back the original file that was inside (before I did anything) and I am still getting the EGR error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Predrag

bobolin4o
24th November, 2016, 06:36 PM
Let me check, but i think EGR is not deleted in your mod file...
And please, edit your second post... it is really annoying to scroll down every time...

bobolin4o
24th November, 2016, 06:50 PM
So, the EGR Will stay closed, but the DTCs for him are still there.
But, here is one big BUT... this is OBD reading, and if you don't know, there may be are other two blocks with maps...
Regards!

rile044
24th November, 2016, 07:10 PM
So, the EGR Will stay closed, but the DTCs for him are still there.
But, here is one big BUT... this is OBD reading, and if you don't know, there may be are other two blocks with maps...
Regards!

Thanks a lot!

Would it help to delete the DTCs?

How come that with the remapped file I was not getting this EGR error and even when I returned it back, the error is still here? And I remember that the tuner to which I took the car reflashed it only by using OBD. He was not taking the EEPROM outside or do anything similar.

bobolin4o
24th November, 2016, 07:14 PM
In which file you want to erase the P0401?
Use this file, it is with yours DPF and EGR off, the tuning maps are original, DTCs P0401, P0402 and P0403 are deleted in addition...

patolini
29th November, 2016, 01:13 AM
bobolin4o you are wrong. He wrote stock map and now he also probably have got plate in egr valve. Or valve is faulty. So he received p0401. In mod map egr was disabled but badly.

rile044. "Professional" tuner is a joke. It's very bad file. Something like connecting "tuning box from ebay" into rail sensor :) DPF was deleted with too much DTCs etc ...

sida
29th November, 2016, 08:28 AM
bobolin4o you are wrong. He wrote stock map and now he also probably have got plate in egr valve. Or valve is faulty. So he received p0401. In mod map egr was disabled but badly.

rile044. "Professional" tuner is a joke. It's very bad file. Something like connecting "tuning box from ebay" into rail sensor :) DPF was deleted with too much DTCs etc ...

bobolin4o is king of tuning be sure

patolini
29th November, 2016, 08:34 AM
I'm sure. I made hundreds of Alfa cars :) It's no need to disable DTC after correct egr off.

bobolin4o
29th November, 2016, 12:13 PM
I'm sure. I made hundreds of Alfa cars :) It's no need to disable DTC after correct egr off.

Good for you, with your hundreds Alfa cars...
Ofcourse no need to disable DTCs if something is remooved correctly,
but in this case i've not touched anything exept the poor mod, so i've simply deleted the codes.
Are you happy now?

BTW, i've not did a hundreds Alfa cars, but i've done my own Alfa a hundred times... Think is enough to understand what i mean...
No need to point out yourself here, you will not get a medal for this.
Cheers!

Andrei2015
29th November, 2016, 12:33 PM
but in this case i've not touched anything exept the poor mod, so i've simply deleted the codes.
Are you happy now?

BTW, i've not did a hundreds Alfa cars, but i've done my own Alfa a hundred times... Think is enough to understand what i mean...
Cheers!

Waste of time friend, everytime when trying to help we get into waste of time

patolini
29th November, 2016, 03:19 PM
Are you happy now?

Cheers!

Bobolin4o, Don't take it personally.
On mod file he hadn't EGR fault. He wrote stock file and then fault appered. I thought that you missed that information. That's all.
Regards

bobolin4o
29th November, 2016, 03:23 PM
Bobolin4o, Don't take it personally.
On mod file he hadn't EGR fault. He wrote stock file and then fault appered. I thought that you missed that information. That's all.
Regards

After that he wrote mod file again and fault appeared again...
I think you missed that...
Anyway, maybe he has forgot to erase the faults after this, and now we scratch our fingers here.
Regards!

patolini
29th November, 2016, 03:28 PM
Yeap, I missed that.
I'm sorry, I've been so resistant

rile044
22nd January, 2017, 11:38 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry for not replying to you in the last few weeks - my regular daily job just didn't let me do anything else ... :(

So ... For the last few weeks I am driving on the stock map. The error about parking sensors turned out to be a real defect of front inner right sensor.

It is interesting that you say that this remap that I had is badly done. Actually, it was done by one of top 3 tuners here in Croatia - all the guys with ARs go to him. Also, I was on the dyno test with the remap and it got 181HP and 381Nm. When I look at the figures of the remaps of other tuners that are offered online, they also say about 180HP and 380Nm. So - it is interesting for me to know, what is done badly and how could I improve the remap file that I attached in my first post?

Thanks a lot!

dtip
23rd January, 2017, 03:21 AM
Hi guys,

It is interesting that you say that this remap that I had is badly done. Actually, it was done by one of top 3 tuners here in Croatia

That is your answer, i am from Serbia and i guess "top" tuners from Cro are doing simillar things, they have high "reputation" becouse people awarnes of tuning here is very low.
Tuning is on very low level here and i guess same story is for Cro so all of "top 3 tuners" there are bad and probably most of time just flashing premade maps.

rile044
23rd January, 2017, 09:38 AM
That is your answer, i am from Serbia and i guess "top" tuners from Cro are doing simillar things, they have high "reputation" becouse people awarnes of tuning here is very low.
Tuning is on very low level here and i guess same story is for Cro so all of "top 3 tuners" there are bad and probably most of time just flashing premade maps.

Yes, my statement was that the remap was done by professional tuner and the guys in their replies referred to it as "professional" - catch the irony. :)

The guy that remapped my car few years ago had the official Fiat, Alfa, Lancia service shop and he drives Alfas since ever so he is percieved by the public as the alfa and omega of Alfas. :) Actually, he did flash the premade map into my car.

The question was what is bad with the remap that was done for my car and how can it be improved? Also, can it be improved so it gives more HP/Nm or it needs to be improved in the part of turning off the DPF/EGR and other similar actions?

Thanks and greetings to all of you on the Balkans! :)

P.

Master200
15th March, 2017, 03:08 PM
Hello,

I have the exact same care as you have. I want to buy now an interface. Not sure what to choose between Galletto and MPPS but i guess i will go with MPPS if yours is working good. I have a problem with a map done by some tunner. Only DPF and EGR off should he have done but i think somethings is wrong as i have a vibration when accelerating in 3,4,5,6th gear. Maybe the map is wrong. I changed 2 clutches so far. I think torque is to high.

Can i use your map? To see if the vibration disappears. Are there any restrictions for using a map from a different car?

Thank you very much

manuzoe10
2nd December, 2018, 04:28 PM
Hello,

In general, I do my repairs and adjustments myself (old car 205 TD ,injection pump adjustment, lda ,turbo ,chainsaws, motorcycles, etc.).
Today, I have to buy my programs for my modern cars.
I wish I could fix it myself, and I try to understand by reading a lot. But it's very hard.
I don't know English (google translator required).
I have bravo fiat 1.9 D 150CV 16S no FAP
I try to compare my ori file and my purchased mod file, to understand.
I don't like my reprog.
I attach my ori and mod file,
if you could tell me what you thought of it?
I have a question too.
It seems necessary to change the columns to admit new parameters.
I have not seen anything like it.
Does increasing the pressure, prevent new columns, misleading the calculator?
Does the ECU count the new flow rate with the higher pressure?
Thank you very much.
excuse me for the google translation or deepl

manuzoe10
2nd December, 2018, 04:33 PM
I have attached my file but it does not appear. I must have made a mistake.
I'm doing it again.