PDA

View Full Version : DM800 Motor Settings

hallberg
24th July, 2008, 09:09 AM
Had my DM800 a few weeks now and tried several images and found Gemini 3.60 the most stable. Am aware that these images are not popular with some but it is my experience. Have had the box working well on astra/hotbird with monobloc but have had no success with motors. Have tried a TM2100 and an old Manhattan H100. I have yet to find, after much searching of several forums a clear step by step method of setting up a motor? At the moment I am using my trusted TM1500 to operate the motor with a loop through to the DM800. This enables me to view one satellite (hotbird) but is not ideal. Any help to get this expensive piece of kit to do better would be greatly appreciated. I have had some success getting the motor to turn using only the DM800 after trying various settings with disequ and usals but have never been able to configure system as a fully stand alone motorised setup?

<--hallberg added 210 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...-->

Has any one got a DM800 working well with a motor? If so can they share their setup ie image, motor type and settings?

Curious123
24th July, 2008, 10:17 AM
I don't think the image is your problem but more like your settings for the motor in the Dm800. I have dm500 with a motorised 1m dish and it has always worked fine with various images. I would assume that your dish is aligned correctly since you are using it with your Technomate.

In the Setup > transponders and satellite > motor setup

have you inserted your lat/long and set option to use usal?

westkill
25th July, 2008, 08:14 AM
Had my DM800 a few weeks now and tried several images and found Gemini 3.60 the most stable. Am aware that these images are not popular with some but it is my experience. Have had the box working well on astra/hotbird with monobloc but have had no success with motors. Have tried a TM2100 and an old Manhattan H100. I have yet to find, after much searching of several forums a clear step by step method of setting up a motor? At the moment I am using my trusted TM1500 to operate the motor with a loop through to the DM800. This enables me to view one satellite (hotbird) but is not ideal. Any help to get this expensive piece of kit to do better would be greatly appreciated. I have had some success getting the motor to turn using only the DM800 after trying various settings with disequ and usals but have never been able to configure system as a fully stand alone motorised setup?

<--hallberg added 210 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...-->

Has any one got a DM800 working well with a motor? If so can they share their setup ie image, motor type and settings?

you could pm a member called 2tone he might be able to help you :)
i think he has a dm800 on sat

hallberg
25th July, 2008, 11:47 AM
The dish is fine and works well with other receivers. I have entered my lat/long which is accurate from google earth etc. when I do a services search the receiver will only scan 13 & 19 degrees then stalls. I will pm the contact you refer to and am open to any suggestions from others that have a DM800 working well with a motor?

^^MaXiMo II^^
25th July, 2008, 11:58 AM
hi there i have a stab motor using likra settings and i never had any problem
i will pass you my confg if that will help you.

hallberg
26th July, 2008, 04:53 AM
hi there i have a stab motor using likra settings and i never had any problem
i will pass you my confg if that will help you.

Hello, that would be great if you could pass me your setup info. Thanks for the response.

^^MaXiMo II^^
26th July, 2008, 10:25 AM
Im now not home but it very simple.
in tuner menu i have setted mode: simple, motor and put my lat and long.
With my 800 i have ooozoon in flash and i use Nabilo BlackHole settings Likra
Let me know if works for you
ciaoooo

Curious123
26th July, 2008, 07:58 PM
Im now not home but it very simple.
in tuner menu i have setted mode: simple, motor and put my lat and long.
With my 800 i have ooozoon in flash and i use Nabilo BlackHole settings Likra
Let me know if works for you
ciaoooo

I have a motor and always use 'complex' and usal as the setting for my rotor setup.

bluenose50
27th July, 2008, 07:13 PM
iam having the same prob my motor works fine on the 500 yet the 800 just wont drive the motor ive had a new tuner from dream still no luck they have admitted to me there are probs and just say ill have to be patient
not very good response for ?359.00 is it
it seems to be with the older motors mines a 10 year old cryptik unit

2tone
28th July, 2008, 06:28 PM
Had alot of probs with this my self and to tell you the truth your better of knowing how to sort it its not hard just took me a couple of hours to work it out talk about a head melt

what you need to do is set each sat up its self go to main menu , set up , service searching then go to tunner configuration you should only have one option tuner A hit ok on this now this is were alot of people are messing up from what i can see on alot of places on mine its set like this and you have to do this for every sat you set up

configuration mode advanced
satellite astra/eurobitd (28.2e)
voltage mode polarization
tone mode band
lnb ok push this once to the right then you get a bigger menu
ok you now have ( usals for this sat ) were lnb was and it has moved under it
use usals for this sat no
stored position ok make this to what ever you are going to set it as in your
motor settings that for 28 mine is set to 028
lnb is now under this mine is set to 1
diseqc mode 1.2
after that i never changed any thing just left them as they were what i did find was i had to do one sat go find it then reboot then back in to the tunner settings to set up for the next sat as was done above so after you set your sat in the tunner settings press ok takes you back to choose tuner press exit then pick positioner setup now as we have set it to find a sat we can now move the dish from left to right so as long as your motor is set up right this next bit should not take to long select tune ok not working did my head in this press the red button says tune on it why they did not let you use the ok button on this i dont know but any how takes you to a new menu

tune manual transponder
satellite astra/eurobird (28.2e) push left or right till you see your sat
frequency 10773
inversion auto
symbol rate 22000
polarity horizontal
fec auto
now press ok takes you back to the positoner setup menu

now go to positioner storage as you set it to 028 in the tunner set up page set this to 28 or what ever you set it at then go to positioner movement click the blue button to move it east wait till you get a lock push the blue button again to stop it then move down to positioner fine movement for this you will have to push green or yellow for what ever way you need to go what i will say is you will only get about 25 or so % on your sat but dont worry one of my sats is as 15 or so and its ok think its a bug to do with the tunner but will be fixed from what i have seen when you have the lock puch down on to positioner storage make sure it says 28 if going by what i set it at click green button to store it now click exit click no if some thing comes up about zap back go to manual scan

tuner tunera: alps bsbe2 (dvb-s2)
type of scan single transponder
system dvb-s
satellite astra/eurobird (28.2e)
frequency 10773
inversion auto
symbol rate 22000
polarity horizontal
fec auto
network scan yes

then click ok it will do a full scan when done click exit then do a reboot when out of the menus when back on go to 28 and pick a chan should work only prob i think you might have with 28 is 19e as they can pick up on the same transponder so when its doing its scan it should come up on the page bskyb witch im sure you know if not stop the scan then go back and move the dish more east should fix the prob , so if all is ok you will now have to do all thins from the start for every sat till they are set up i only have 1w , 5w , 13e , 16e , 19e , 28.2e on mine so only had to do it 6 times but its good to do as it lets you see how the menu works .

One more thing i found was i had to get different transponders from what i would have used on my 500 these are the ones i used for the 800 on some sats i had to scan 2 or 3 times so here is the list i used

1 west = 11216 v 24500 7/8
5 west = 11521 v 29950 7/8 11591 v 20000 2/3
13 east = 11862 h 27500 3/4 12034 v 27500 3/4 10930 h 27500 3/4
16 east = 11055 v 27900 3/4 11011 v 27500 3/4
19 east = 10832 h 22000 3/4 10773 h 22000 5/6
28 east = 10773 22000

If you are still stuck pm me your msn and ill add you and go over it

bluenose50
29th July, 2008, 08:09 AM
thanks for the info m8
its been tdriving me potty ill give it a go tonight

2tone
29th July, 2008, 05:13 PM
If you need a hand i should be about on msn most of the night

magostinho
29th October, 2008, 08:52 PM
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation 2tone!!! Very Helpful!
Can I PM you with my skype ID?, I am going to finish installing my setup this Friday, and I could still use some advice :-)

Cheers
MA

2tone
29th October, 2008, 09:10 PM
post here m8 when your setting up and let us know what probs your having

magostinho
29th October, 2008, 09:54 PM
I will try to get up early next Friday, put the dish on the holder, find the true south... and finish the install...

So far I have prepared almost everything:

I assembled the dish (diameter= 1m) on the motor, with the right elevation and declination angle.

Latitude = 51, Elevation Angle = 39 (this set on the motor's scale righ?)
Declination Angle = 7.4 (this is set on the dish's scale right?)

I Also have a value for "Dish Bracket Angle" which is 22.6 but I don't know what it stands for...

I am also not sure about the LNB rotation, the LNB has a scale on it (with a zero) but I don't know how much I should tilt/rotate it, and what I should take for reference point on the LNB holder...

.: JaCkPoT :.
29th October, 2008, 10:02 PM
The lnb should be everso slightly to the left when your facing the dish. But if the bracket isnt 100percent vertical then the rotation will vary to compensate.

magostinho
31st October, 2008, 10:05 AM
I am up on the roof and I've got some signal (with a sat finder), at 0 db I've got a pretty high signal... do I need to go lower?

On the dreambox ? positioner setup ? the SNR 0% and AGC is 99%

What's SNR AGC and BER?

Some advice anyone?

thered
31st October, 2008, 10:27 AM
you wont get a picture with that m8 snr needs to be around 80 to get a lock it should be on 90+for a decent reception

if your snr is nothing on the box it doesnt even sound like your cable is in correctly i get some snr even when the dish is not facing the right way

2tone
31st October, 2008, 06:00 PM
I am up on the roof and I've got some signal (with a sat finder), at 0 db I've got a pretty high signal... do I need to go lower?

On the dreambox ? positioner setup ? the SNR 0% and AGC is 99%

What's SNR AGC and BER?

Some advice anyone?

have you had a look at any of the video tuts m8 also can you take some pics of the dish and motor set up try and get good pics m8 then we can look and see what way you have it set

magostinho
2nd November, 2008, 04:58 PM
Hi guys! Thanks for your advices.

So was a bit tired of trying last Friday and yesterday... So I called a guy from a sat shop, and it turns out that my LNB was no good (which is a bit strange cause it was brand new)... The guy from the shop changed the LNB, and aligned the dish, he said that it was OK for Hotbird, Astra 19.2 and Astra 28.2 (he showed me on his small TV)

However he did it only with his gear, he wouldn't touch the DM. Just between us, he wasn't very professional or experienced, I had to explain him why I dad set the motor elevation angle for 39 (latitude = 51), he wanted to change it...

Anyway the guy left, and I am trying to program the satellite positions on the DM, and it doesn't seem to work. There are 2 problems:

I can only get signal up to 23%

When moving the dish I can only use ?Positioner fine movement?
If I use ?search west? or ?search est? in the ?positioner movement? the dish will move all the way to the max west or est without stopping (no mater how many times I press stop).

Any ideas on what is wrong?

2tone
2nd November, 2008, 06:34 PM
ok with the 800 your sigs will be around that mark so its ok when moving the dish i only use fine tune when i find my sat this way you can see the sig fall and rise when you go in to the positioner you should be able to click the blue button to move it east say when you see a lock push the blue button again and the dish will stop when you have this then go in to the find tune and play about till you get a better lock if you go over the post on the first page of this post m8 its all there if your still cant get it let me know and ill talk to you on msn

magostinho
2nd November, 2008, 09:20 PM
Ok it helps to know that!
I've done a scan and I've got some channels... I just gotta organize the hole thing now...

I might have to readjust the dish in the future, as the guy fromthe sat shop said that he could not lock on to AB3 or hispa sat...
He said that my 1m dish was not good enough... But I figured that he just wanted to sell me a new one...

Any way, thanks a lot for your help guys!

MA

Barnsley-Bill
25th November, 2008, 12:06 AM
Thanks for a great right up mate gave me an understanding of the sat system got loads on channels on my fixed s*y dish but hopefully after this weekend i should have my new 1m motorized dish up weather permitting

2tone
25th November, 2008, 07:51 PM
Ok it helps to know that!
I've done a scan and I've got some channels... I just gotta organize the hole thing now...

I might have to readjust the dish in the future, as the guy fromthe sat shop said that he could not lock on to AB3 or hispa sat...
He said that my 1m dish was not good enough... But I figured that he just wanted to sell me a new one...

Any way, thanks a lot for your help guys!

MA

get hispa sat with a 1 meter dish in ireland ok so i do

deedee3335
25th November, 2008, 09:43 PM
thanx very very much

deedee3335
25th November, 2008, 09:43 PM
thanx ver much

madmanc
21st January, 2009, 08:10 PM
2 tone thatg was the most helpful advice i have found on dm800 set up
sorted me rite out thanks alot matey

techmob
27th January, 2009, 10:45 PM
ideally i would like to set mine up with usals but i have never done this. didnt need to on the dm500 as that was simple to manually tune each sat in

when i installed my motor i never put the long and lats on it physically and just bolted it up when i hit thor 1w, and swung it to 30w knowing i would hit the arc if i hit those sats, which i now do from 42e to 31w

but because i have not put the correct long and lat on the moror, if i put it into the dreambox as my correct long and lats to my location, will it work because i have not done it to match on the motor itself?

dreamviewer
12th August, 2009, 10:32 PM
Hi 2tone/All,

Thank you so much for the post on how to set up the DiseqC 1.2 motor on the DM800. I have just bought this box and think it is great, but this bit really does need some work...

I have managed to store 2 sat positions so far, but when zapping through the channels the motor will not move. The only way I can get the motor to move to the stored positions is by going into positioner setup and selecting 'Goto position'.

Has anyone managed to get the motor to move while zapping through the channels?

Thanks all!

2tone
12th August, 2009, 11:59 PM
is it a clone or is it a real dreambox you might have to flash it again are you also sure you saved the sat give it a number in the tuner config and then when you found the sat saved it as the same number

dreamviewer
13th August, 2009, 01:45 AM
It is an official DM800 and I just re-flashed it with the latest Gemini2.

I am not sure what could be wrong...

2tone
13th August, 2009, 05:38 PM
are you saving the sats right if you dont save them right then when you go to go to a different sat it wont move there in tuner config when you set it up you need to give the sat a number when i do mine i just sa save it in the config for 28 east well it would be 028 then when your in the bit were you move the dish to find the sat when it finds it you need to save it in there to 28 and do the same for 19 and so on if you have did this right then all should be ok

LENNY1
13th August, 2009, 11:01 PM
hi dreamveiwer had loads of trouble with same problem what i have done is go in to satfinder,scroll left/right to select predefined transponder,select sat,select transponder when locked on sat go to position store, fine tune etc worked for me hope it helps also have tried to attach file might help

delboyecho
15th August, 2009, 01:58 PM
Had alot of probs with this my self and to tell you the truth your better of knowing how to sort it its not hard just took me a couple of hours to work it out talk about a head melt

what you need to do is set each sat up its self go to main menu , set up , service searching then go to tunner configuration you should only have one option tuner A hit ok on this now this is were alot of people are messing up from what i can see on alot of places on mine its set like this and you have to do this for every sat you set up

configuration mode advanced
satellite astra/eurobitd (28.2e)
voltage mode polarization
tone mode band
lnb ok push this once to the right then you get a bigger menu
ok you now have ( usals for this sat ) were lnb was and it has moved under it
use usals for this sat no
stored position ok make this to what ever you are going to set it as in your
motor settings that for 28 mine is set to 028
lnb is now under this mine is set to 1
diseqc mode 1.2
after that i never changed any thing just left them as they were what i did find was i had to do one sat go find it then reboot then back in to the tunner settings to set up for the next sat as was done above so after you set your sat in the tunner settings press ok takes you back to choose tuner press exit then pick positioner setup now as we have set it to find a sat we can now move the dish from left to right so as long as your motor is set up right this next bit should not take to long select tune ok not working did my head in this press the red button says tune on it why they did not let you use the ok button on this i dont know but any how takes you to a new menu

tune manual transponder
satellite astra/eurobird (28.2e) push left or right till you see your sat
frequency 10773
inversion auto
symbol rate 22000
polarity horizontal
fec auto
now press ok takes you back to the positoner setup menu

now go to positioner storage as you set it to 028 in the tunner set up page set this to 28 or what ever you set it at then go to positioner movement click the blue button to move it east wait till you get a lock push the blue button again to stop it then move down to positioner fine movement for this you will have to push green or yellow for what ever way you need to go what i will say is you will only get about 25 or so % on your sat but dont worry one of my sats is as 15 or so and its ok think its a bug to do with the tunner but will be fixed from what i have seen when you have the lock puch down on to positioner storage make sure it says 28 if going by what i set it at click green button to store it now click exit click no if some thing comes up about zap back go to manual scan

tuner tunera: alps bsbe2 (dvb-s2)
type of scan single transponder
system dvb-s
satellite astra/eurobird (28.2e)
frequency 10773
inversion auto
symbol rate 22000
polarity horizontal
fec auto
network scan yes

then click ok it will do a full scan when done click exit then do a reboot when out of the menus when back on go to 28 and pick a chan should work only prob i think you might have with 28 is 19e as they can pick up on the same transponder so when its doing its scan it should come up on the page bskyb witch im sure you know if not stop the scan then go back and move the dish more east should fix the prob , so if all is ok you will now have to do all thins from the start for every sat till they are set up i only have 1w , 5w , 13e , 16e , 19e , 28.2e on mine so only had to do it 6 times but its good to do as it lets you see how the menu works .

One more thing i found was i had to get different transponders from what i would have used on my 500 these are the ones i used for the 800 on some sats i had to scan 2 or 3 times so here is the list i used

1 west = 11216 v 24500 7/8
5 west = 11521 v 29950 7/8 11591 v 20000 2/3
13 east = 11862 h 27500 3/4 12034 v 27500 3/4 10930 h 27500 3/4
16 east = 11055 v 27900 3/4 11011 v 27500 3/4
19 east = 10832 h 22000 3/4 10773 h 22000 5/6
28 east = 10773 22000

If you are still stuck pm me your msn and ill add you and go over it
hi newbie here managed to get astra stored in bouquet but cant get any other sats and only 20 % work
help cheers john echo

dreamviewer
15th August, 2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks for everyone's help! The sats are stored, the motor just will not move when I am zapping through channels. I have to go into the positioner setup and select 'Goto position'.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks again!

dreamviewer
17th August, 2009, 05:41 AM
Hi again!

I have noticed an even bigger problem than this! Not only does the motor not move while zapping, there are loads of channels that just won't be received even when the dish is pointing at the correct sat! :ahhhhh:

I have noticed it is the 'vertical' channels that do not work. They get no dB on the SNR indicator at all, but horizontal channels all work! My SkyStar HD in my PC works perfectly when connected to the same LNB so it is not the LNB at fault. It could be maybe the DM800 is not sending the command to switch the LNB between polarities or maybe it is just not understanding the vertical frequencies....

Is there any help for this box?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2tone
17th August, 2009, 07:21 PM
im not sure but it sounds like your motor settings are not set up right also i have found some times on some sats i have to scan 2 or 3 transponders to make sure i get all the chans i want

dreamviewer
30th August, 2009, 06:15 PM
Ok! I have it all working now!

The problem was that I had another receiver connected to the LNB loopthrough of the DM800. This was taking priority and therefore locked the LNB on horizontal and since I stopped using the loopthrough, all verticals came on as well and I can even move the dish while zapping!

The positioner setup on the DM800 definitely needs some work on it to make it more reliable as I have to keep on going into menus and rebooting to get it to display the signal status and because of this it takes me roughly an hour to find a satellite.

Thanks for all your help!

magostinho
8th September, 2009, 09:26 PM
hi dreamveiwer had loads of trouble with same problem what i have done is go in to satfinder,scroll left/right to select predefined transponder,select sat,select transponder when locked on sat go to position store, fine tune etc worked for me hope it helps also have tried to attach file might help

Thanks that is a very useful manual... This is how I did it the 1st time, it is basically the same instructions as 2tone.

Recently I tried to add a few more satellites and I have a problem when I get to the part:

-Main Menu \ Setup \ Service Searching \ Positioner setup
-Go up to "Tune"
-Press the "Red Button"
-Select the satellite

But after I cannot move the dish with positioner movement...

At first (6 months ago) I managed to add 28E 19E and 13E. Now I want to add a few more satellites but I cant get a lock on them because I cannot move the dish with positioner movement...

I am doing everything exactly the same as I did when I first added 28E 19E and 13E, but the dish just doesn't move...

In the past I changed image a few time and always had this problem... Somehow after 4 or 5 tries I got the dish moving and managed to lock, but never easy....

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Cheers
MA

webbcam
9th September, 2009, 11:28 PM
hello
What i have done is that, i have a second box to find sat postion, when u have a sat wich u need and channel in first box , then pull out lnb wire, then go to dream search same channel same sat and same channel do all your settings just last stage should be pressing store sat posions .............then put the lnb wire to dream and then u got a signal , just store the posion.
hope understand what i mean, sorry my bad english

magostinho
10th September, 2009, 10:56 AM
hello
What i have done is that, i have a second box to find sat postion, when u have a sat wich u need and channel in first box , then pull out lnb wire, then go to dream search same channel same sat and same channel do all your settings just last stage should be pressing store sat posions .............then put the lnb wire to dream and then u got a signal , just store the posion.
hope understand what i mean, sorry my bad english

That is indeed a good idea...
The problem is that I only have a DM800, nothing else...

I am thinking aboutb flashing Nabilo (again)

webbcam
10th September, 2009, 11:13 AM
I did spend hours and day untill ....i went nuts , but i did have a dm500 so i thought lets make a try, and it did work i have now all sat stored in my dm 800 with the help of my dm 500 (or a second box).
1 Find sat pos and channel with secondbox plug out lnb

2 go to dm800, do all setting for the sat posions and the channels when you come to meny for store sat posions , write also the posion nr, before pressing green button for storing , then plug in the lnb , u have signal now and just press frenn button for store.

firstzumaro
10th January, 2010, 02:24 AM
i have the same problem can u help?

micoradovic
24th February, 2010, 07:38 PM
I still have problem with setting position of satellites! I have dreambox 800 hd! I think problem is with tuner configuration! Mico

JanB68
12th September, 2010, 01:05 PM
Someone can help me whit DM 800 online?

standarren
25th November, 2010, 11:52 AM
i've been trying to fine tune my dm800 for days now
when i enter sat finder i change predefined transponder then go back to positioner change the number to 28 for 28.2 then i have an option to save green button but nothing happens

crazy shit